1. To attract applicants with excellent academic background to apply to programmes of the Postgraduate Scheme in Construction and Environment.
2. Applicants from reputable universities with outstanding academic results (e.g. First-class honours bachelor’s degree) are invited to submit applications to Faculty of Construction and Environment on or before 1 December 2017 for consideration of award of the Entry Scholarship. They must produce a valid application number of MSc programme generated from eAdmission and have settled the application fee by 1 December 2017.
Scholarship Amount and Criteria for Award
||Criteria for Award
The scholarship covers the tuition fees for the study of an MSc programme of the Postgraduate Scheme in Construction and Environment, and will be tenable for no more than one academic year (i.e. Semesters 1, 2 and the Summer Term); plus
A subsistence allowance of HK$50,000 for one academic year may be provided to each Scholarship recipient, if he/she studies full-time without full-time employment.
|Possess outstanding academic results from a reputable university
Condition for Award
4. A scholarship holder is entitled to a waiver of the tuition fee of the subjects he/she will study in the first semester, normally not more than 5 subjects. The continuation of the scholarship in the second semester will depend on the results the students have achieved in the first semester. The cumulative GPA should be at least 3.2.
5. Selection of applications for the Entry Scholarship will be made by the Scheme Committee based on academic merit of the applicant.
Number of Scholarships
6. A maximum of 2 scholarships will be awarded for each MSc programme in each academic year. No scholarship will be offered if the selection committee considers that there are no suitable candidates.
7. Interested students should submit an online application with their supporting documents on or before 1 December 2017 to Faculty of Construction and Environment. Late application may NOT be considered.
8. For enquiries, please contact our General office at 2766-5029 or email to email@example.com .
(1) If a programme fails to fill the scholarship quota (2 per programme), other MSc programmes of the Scheme may take up the quota and offer a 3rd scholarship if there are suitable candidates.
(2) PolyU reserves the right to change or withdraw the scholarship at any time. In case of any dispute/disagreement, PolyU’s decision is final.