Goals and Objectives
To achieve the vision and mission, we strive to work collaboratively with community partners and PolyU departments and units to:
- Support and assist in the development and implementation of high-impact credit-bearing service-learning subjects at PolyU;
- Promote effective service-learning pedagogies that enhance students’ learning and development as a civic-minded professional;
- Solicit and sustain community support for service-learning at PolyU;
- Provide further opportunities and support for students’ continual engagement in meaningful community services beyond credit-bearing service-learning subjects;
- Advance the scholarship and research in service-learning through rigorous evaluation studies of impacts and community-based research; and
- Foster inter-institutional collaboration in service-learning, both locally and internationally.