Please read the following statements carefully
1. I am, to my own knowledge, currently fit to participate in the PolyU Language and Culture Exploration Camp 2018 (hereafter referred as the PLACE Camp) and do not suffer from any illness, ailment or incapacity that may prevent me from completing the PLACE Camp.
2. I warrant that I fully understand that:
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and its units (hereafter referred as the Organiser) will (to the extent permissible by law) not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury arising from any of my pre-existing medical or psychological condition.
- If I disobey any safety instruction given to me by the Organiser and as a result of disobeying that instruction, I suffer loss, damage or injury, I will not hold the Organiser liable.
3. I hereby release and discharge the Organiser and its employees to the extent permitted by law, from all Claims which I now or at any time have, or but for this declaration, could or might have against the Organiser in connection with or incidental to my participation in the PLACE Camp or the circumstances recited in this declaration.
4. I hereby guarantee and agree to hold the Organiser, to the extent permitted by law, harmless and indemnified against all Claims which have arisen or may arise in respect of my participation in the PLACE Camp or in any way connected with or arising from, by or on behalf or any person claiming under or by virtue of me.
5. I acknowledge that for the purpose of this declaration “Claims” means actions, suits, causes of action, demands, debts due, costs and expenses and other liabilities of any nature whether present, future or contingent, including but not limited to a claim arising from a negligent act or omission.
6. I acknowledge that the choice to arrive early before or stay behind the scheduled activities in my own choice and that I will be totally responsible for my own well-being and safe return to my home country. The Organiser will also not be responsible for my personal safety or my possession during the stay behind period.
7. I acknowledge that I have insured or will insure myself against any loss, damage, injury or death that may arise from participating the PLACE Camp.
8. I acknowledge that the deposit of HK$1,000 will be fully refunded to me upon satisfactory completion of activity, i.e. attended all the scheduled activities. No refund will be made for withdrawal, in full or in part, from the PLACE Camp.
9. I acknowledge that the personal data provided above will be used by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and its constituent units 1) for processing my application for the PLACE Camp; 2) for record-keeping purpose in relation to issuance of attendance certificate (name and HKID/passport number will be kept in this case); 3) for statistical and research purposes afterwards (with all personal identifiers such as name, HKID/passport number, date of birth, correspondence address, contact number and email address eliminated); and 4) for sending me latest news and updates of PolyU, including programmes offered and activities organised by PolyU. I understand that I can unsubscribe any time in the future and request correction of my personal data held by FH.
10. I declare that I have read, fully understood and have accepted the terms and conditions provided in this declaration.
11. I hereby declare that all the personal information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.