- A Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline; OR
- An Associate Degree in Engineering; OR
- An equivalent qualification.
Short-listed applicants may be interviewed to determine their suitability. Genuine interest and need in the field with an employer’s support, relevant engineering experience and mathematics and language capability are important factors.
There may be an admission test for short-listed applicants. The test content should include the following areas:
- Linear algebra: Matrices and determinants, vector spaces, elementary algebra of matrices.
- Ordinary differential equations: First and second order linear ordinary differential equations.
- Calculus and functions of several variables: Infinite series, power series, Fourier series, partial differentiation, maxima and minima.
- Geometry and Trigonometry.