Biomechanics; CFD; Flow-induced vibration and thermal management
2010 Faculty Award for Outstanding Performance/Achievement in Research and Scholarly Activities, HKPolyU.
2007 Faculty Research Grant Achievement Award, HKPolyU.
2003 Faculty Research Grant Achievement Award, HKPolyU.
Selected Research Project / Teaching & Learning Project
- Effect of vasomotion on efficient flow delivery in microvascular network (PI, GRF, 2013-2017).
- Investigating Mechanical Mechanisms of Tumor Cell Adhesion in Micro Circulation through Lattice Boltzmann Simulation (PI, GRF, 2008 ~ 2011).
- Numerical Simulation of Mixing in Micro-fluidics. (PI, CERG, 2006)
- Moving Boundary Conditions for Vibrating Structures in a Cross Flow Using a Generalized Lattice Boltzmann Method. (PI, CERG, 2005)
- Particle Deposition and Flow Distribution in Obstructive Human Lung Airways. (PI, CERG, 2004)
- Control of Flow-Induced Vibration Using MEMS Transducers. (PI, CERG, 2003)
- Development of a Meshfree Lattice Boltzmann Method for Fluid-Structure Interaction Problems. (PI, CERG, 2002)
- Three-dimensional Wake Effects on the Free Vibration of a Circular Cylinder in a Cross Flow. (PI, CERG, 2001)
- Yang X.L., Yang L., Huang Z.W. & Liu Y. (2017) Development of a k - ω - φ - α turbulence model based on elliptic blending and applications for near-wall and separated flows. Journal of Turbulence. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14685248.2016.1244336
- Xiao, L. L., Liu, Y., Chen, S., & Fu, B. M. (2017). Effects of Flowing RBCs on Adhesion of a Circulating Tumor Cell in Microvessels. Biomechanics and modeling in mechanobiology, DOI: 10.1007/s10237-016-0839-5.
- Xiao, L. L., Liu, Y., Chen, S., & Fu, B. M. (2016). Simulation of Deformation and Aggregation of Two Red Blood Cells in a Stenosed Microvessel by Dissipative Particle Dynamics. Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics. 74(4), 513-525. DOI: 10.1007/s12013-016-0765-2.
- Xiao, L. L., Liu, Y., Chen, S., & Fu, B. M. (2016). Numerical simulation of a single cell passing through a narrow slit. Biomechanics and modeling in mechanobiology, 1-13. DOI: 10.1007/s10237-016-0789-y
- Guo, P., Cai, B., Lei, M., Liu, Y., & Fu, B. M. 2014 Differential arrest and adhesion of tumor cells and microbeads in the microvasculature. Biomechanics and modeling in mechanobiology, 13, 537–550. DOI 10.1007/s10237-013-0515-y