Area of Specialization
Physical acoustics, Acoustic metamaterials, Non-Hermitian acoustics
Dr. Tuo Liu received his BSc degree in Acoustics from Nanjing University in 2010 and MSc degree in Physics from China University of Petroleum (Beijing) in 2013. After graduation, he had worked as an acoustic engineer in industry for about 1 year. In 2018, he obtained his PhD degree in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Before being appointed as Research Assistant Professor, he was first a research associate and then a postdoctoral fellow in the same department.
Dr. Liu’s research interests focus on physical acoustics, acoustic metamaterials, non-Hermitian acoustics and other acoustics-related topics. His work has been published in top-tier journals including Physical Review Letters and Nature Physics. He is a member of the Acoustical Society of America and the Acoustical Society of China. He also serves as a reviewer for a number of journals in the field of physics and acoustics.
- Z. Chen#, T. Liu#, H. Y. Luan#, et al., Revealing the missing dimension at an exceptional point, Nat. Phys. (2020), https://doi.org/10.1038/s41567-020-0807-y. #contributed equally
- Zhao, T. Liu*, C. Y. Wen*, J. Zhu*, and L. Cheng, Impedance-near-zero acoustic metasurface for hypersonic boundary-layer flow stabilization Phys. Rev. Appl. 11, 044015 (2019). *corresponding authors
- T. Liu, F. Chen, S. Liang, H. Gao, and J. Zhu, Subwavelength sound focusing and imaging via gradient metasurface-enabled spoof surface acoustic wave modulation. Phys. Rev. Appl. 11, 034061 (2019).
- T. Liu, X. F. Zhu, F. Chen, S. J. Liang, and J. Zhu, Unidirectional wave vector manipulation in two-dimensional space with an all passive acoustic parity-time-symmetric metamaterials crystal, Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 124502 (2018). (ESI Highly Cited Paper)
- T. Liu, S. Liang, F. Chen, and J. Zhu, Inherent losses induced absorptive acoustic rainbow trapping with a gradient metasurface, J. Appl. Phys. 123, 091702 (2018).
- Huang, Z. Zhou, D. Li, T. Liu, X. Wang, J. Zhu, and Y. Li, Compact broadband acoustic sink with coherently coupled weak resonances, Sci. Bull. 65, 373 (2020).
- Gao, X. Fang, Z. Gu, T. Liu, S. Liang, Y. Li, and J. Zhu, Conformally mapped multifunctional acoustic metamaterial lens for spectral sound guiding and Talbot effect, Research 2019, 1748537 (2019).
- Yu, Z. Lu, T. Liu, L. Cheng, J. Zhu, and F. Cui, Sound transmission through a periodic acoustic metamaterial grating, J. Sound Vib. 449, 140-156 (2019).
- Liang, T. Liu, F. Chen, and J. Zhu, Theoretical and experimental study of gradient-helicoid acoustic metamaterial, J. Sound Vib. 442, 482-496 (2019).
- R. Zhao, T. Liu, C. Y. Wen, J. Zhu, and L. Cheng, Theoretical modeling and optimization of porous coating for hypersonic-laminar-flow control, AIAA J. 56, 2942 (2018).
For details, please refer to ReseachGate.