BSc (Cornell U. 1976); MSME (MIT 1978); ScD (MIT 1981), Fellow of HKAES, ASME, AICHE, AFS and HKIE, Senior member of AIAA, Member of ACS and SBE, Chair of International Delegation of Filtration (2016 – 2020), Chair of 13th World Filtration Congress
Area of Specialization
Novel Nanofiber technologies in Energy, Environment, and Health applications (Over 32 SCI papers and 7 US patents):
- Nano-Energy – Nanofiber for Perovskite Solar Cells and Nanofiber for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells.
- Nano-Environment – Nanofiber Filter for air filtration and Nanofiber photocatalysts for break-down of harmful gases in air and organics in water.
- Nano-Tissue – Nanofiber for tissue engineering.
- Nano-Innovations – Nanofibers of composite semiconductor with embedded Graphene.
- Filtration and Separation (chemicals, mining, food, industrial, water and wastewater treatment).
- Centrifugal separation/filtration (McGraw-Hill book,1998; 10 new technologies; 36 US patents).
- Centrifugal separation in Biotechnology and biopharmaceutical processing (Elsevier book, 2007).
- Flow and Mixing in micro-chambers/micro-channels (7 SCI papers).
- Health Technologies – Interactive rehab robots, Clinical decision support system, Cancer biomarkers, Osteo-arthritis smart therapy, Blind navigation (6 US patents).