Area of Specialization
Advanced composite materials, Nanomaterials and nanotechnology for energy conversions and storages; Smart materials and structures; Structure health monitoring technology
Prof. Limin Zhou received his BEng and MEng from Harbin Institute of Shipbuilding Engineering (current name: Harbin Engineering University) in 1982 and 1988 respectively, and his PhD from The University of Sydney in 1994. He was appointed as an Assistant Professor in 1996 and became a Professor in 2005 in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Prof. Zhou’s major research interests include advanced composite materials and structures, smart materials and structures; nanomaterials and nanotechnology for energy storages and conversions, and structural health monitoring techniques. He has published more than 350 technical articles including over 250 SCI refereed journal papers. After assuming the current appointment with the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, he received an Engineering Faculty Best Research Award in 1999 and the President’s Award for Outstanding Achievements in Research in 2000. Prof. Zhou currently serves an Associate Dean (Research) of Faculty of Engineering, an Editor-in-Chief of Composites Communications and a Vice President of Chinese Society for Composite Materials.
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Airworthiness Compliance Analysis and Verification Study on Structural Health Monitoring System (PI, COMAC, 2019)
- Size- and temperature-dependent phase transition in NASICON-type material on Li+- and Na+‐(de)intercalation (PI, GRF, 2018)
- Sustainable Marine Infrastructure Enabled by the Innovative Use of Seawater Sea-Sand Concrete and Fibre-Reinforced Polymer Composites (Co-PI, RGC Theme-based Research Scheme, 2018)
- Nanocomposite Coating Materials for Lightning Protection of Aircrafts (PI, HKPhDF, 2017)
- Development of Nanocomposite Materials for Energy Storages (PI, HKScholar, 2016)
- Graphene Strengthened Silicon Nanocomposite Anodes for Lithium Ion Batteries (PI, HKPolyU, 2016)
- Development of Hybrid Supercapacitors Using Nanofiber Electrodes (PI, GRF, 2013)
Embedding nanomaterial sensors inside composite structures
The smart prepregs are developed with 3D-printed nanomaterial sensors and 3D-indented carbon fiber or CNTs based cable networks. The pattern of sensing system, optimal printing parameters and resin curing conditions are extensively investigated in this project. Upon curing, the carbon fiber or CNTs based cables can act as further reinforcement to the host composite panels. Such smart composites can be applied to provide both structural and monitoring functions.
Smart prepregs with 3D-printed nanomaterial sensors and cable networks
Functional carbon Fibre Composites for Lightning Strike Protection
The enhancement of functional properties in carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) composites is a requirement for lightning strike protection (LSP) applications in aircraft structures to solve the parasitic electrical and thermal management issues. Composites are fabricated with the outermost ply modification by growing carbon nanotubes (CNTs) on carbon fiber fabric and incorporating graphene nanoplatelets (GNPs) into epoxy matrix. The forming conductive network between CNTs and GNPs has substantially enhanced functional conductivities in both fiber and through-thickness direction and also improved mechanical properties. The lightening damage of composites is simulated based on a coupled thermal-electrical analysis to predict damage in CFRP composites with/without LSP layer. The modified carbon fiber composites provide an alternative potential functional CFPR composites with adequate capability to withstand lightning strikes.
CFRP composites with LSP layer
Structural battery based on carbon fibre composites
Composite structural battery consists of carbon fibres as electrodes and matrix as electrolyte to store energy and at same time fulfill a structural role in various applications. Co-polymers with applicable ionic conductivity and mechanical properties are developed by the research team for being used as matrix materials playing role of solid electrolyte. Carbon clothes are used as cathode and anode materials with different treatments on fibre surfaces. To achieve a good capacity, active materials are being incorporated into porous structures of carbon fibres. Mechanical behaviors of interfaces between fibres and solid electrolyte are being studied under both electrochemical and mechanical loadings. Meanwhile, numerical simulation for full cell composite structural battery will also be integrated to validate the experimental results.
Structural battery using carbon fibres as electrodes and matrix as electrolyte.
Silicon based nanocomposite anode for Li-ion batteries (LIBs)
Traditional anode, graphite, reaches its limit for its low energy density in LIB application. Silicon, which is claimed as the most promising anode material, possesses high specific capacity (4200 mAh g−1) but suffers from fracture and pulverization due to its large volume change (~400%) during cycling, leading to poor cycle performance. Our main research interest is the fabrication of novel silicon based nanocomposites anodes. In order to achieve high capacity and long shelf life, the lithiation and delithiation processes of silicon nanoparticles/nanosheets are studied. Simulations on fracture mechanism of yolk-shell carbon-coated silicon nanoparticles are conducted with mechanics-based theoretical modelling. The optimal design guideline is proposed and verified to ensure structural integrity and maximize capacity for the nanoparticle anode.
Yolk-shell carbon-coated silicon nanoparticles
Dual-phase TiO2 nanowires for Na storage
The development of superb anode materials has long been a big challenge in sodium-ion battery (SIB) research. TiO2 is a promising candidate, but it faces critical issues of low initial coulombic efficiency and rapid capacity decay. To address the problem, dual-phase TiO2 nanowires consisting of anatase phase and TiO2-B phase are fabricated using a facile hydrothermal and heat treatment method. The SIB anode exhibits ultrahigh reversible capacities, long and stable cyclabilities. The two-phase interface can offer additional venues for Na ion storage and improve the Na ion diffusion.
Dual-phase TiO2 nanowires and the battery performance as SIB anode.
Ether electrolyte enables better Na storage
Electrolyte is an important component influencing the performance of the rechargeable SIBs. It is elucidated that using an ether-based electrolyte instead of a conventional ester-based electrolyte can significantly improve the SIBs performance because of the enhanced sodium ion transport at the electrode/electrolyte interface. Insights into the structural evolution and sodiation dynamics obtained by in operando Raman, XRD and electrochemical kinetic studies reveal that the charge transfer characteristics of the electrolyte/electrode interface play a vital role in determining the performance, which is also confirmed for Sn, rGO and CMK-3 anodes.
Cyclic performance of TiO2 SIB anode using different electrolytes,
and comparison with cyclic performance reported in the literature.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
Nanomaterials for energy applications
- KK Li, J Zhang, DM Lin, DW Wang, BH Li, W Lv, S Sun, YB He, FY Kang, QH Yang, LM Zhou and TY Zhang, Evolution of the electrochemical interface in sodium ion batteries with ether electrolytes, NATURE COMMUNICATIONS, DOI:10.1038/s41467-019-08506-5, 2019
- X Zhang, JY Zhang, SY Kong, K Zhu, J Yan, K Ye, GL Wang, K Cheng, LM Zhou and DX Cao, A novel calendula-like MnNb2O6 anchored on graphene sheet as high-performance intercalation pseudocapacitive anode for lithium-ion capacitors, JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, 7, 2855-2863, 2019
- ZL Xu, S Lin, N Onofrio, LM Zhou, F Shi, W Lu, K Kang, Q Zhang, SP Lau, Exceptional catalytic effects of black phosphorus quantum dots in shuttling-free lithium sulfur batteries, NATURE COMMUNICATIONS 9 (1), 4164, 2018
- Xu, ZL; Liu, XM; Luo, YS; Zhou, LM and Kim, JK, Nanosilicon anodes for high performance rechargeable batteries, PROGRESS IN MATERIALS SCIENCE, Volume 90, Pages 1-44, 2017
- Xu, ZL; Huang, JQ; Chong, WG; Qin, XY; Wang, XY; Zhou, LM, Kim, JK, In Situ TEM Study of Volume Expansion in Porous Carbon Nanofiber/Sulfur Cathodes with Exceptional High-Rate Performance, ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201602078, Published: JAN 2017
- Liu, Y; Fu, NQ; Zhang, GG; Xu, M; Lu, W; Zhou, LM; Huang, HT, Design of Hierarchical Ni-Co@Ni-Co Layered Double Hydroxide Core-Shell Structured Nanotube Array for High-Performance Flexible All-Solid-State Battery-Type Supercapacitors, ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS, doi: 10.1002/adfm.201605307, JAN 2017
- Ouyang, T; Cheng, K; Yang, F; Zhou, LM; Zhu, K; Ye, K; Wang, GL and Cao, DX, From biomass with irregular structures to 1D carbon nanobelts: a stripping and cutting strategy to fabricate high performance supercapacitor materials, JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, DOI: 10.1039/c7ta02412f, 5, 14551, 2017
- Chen, YM; Dong, JC; Qiu, L; Li, XY; Li, QQ; Wang, HT; Liang, SJ; Yao, HM; Huang, HT; Gao, HJ; Kim, JK; Ding, F; Zhou, LM, A Catalytic Etching-Wetting-Dewetting Mechanism in Formation of Hollow Graphitic Carbon Fiber, CHEM, DOI: 10.1016/j.chempr.2017.01.005, 2017
- Xu, ZL, Yao, SS, Cui, J, Zhou, LM, Kim, JK, Atomic scale, amorphous FeOx/carbon nanofiber anodes for Li-ion and Na-ion batteries, ENERGY STORAGE MATERIALS, 8, 10-19, 2017
- Li, X; Chen, Y; Wang, H; Yao, H; Huang, H; Mai, Y; Hu, N; Zhou, LM, Inserting Sn nanoparticles into the pores of TiO2-x-C nanofibers by lithiation, ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS, Volume: 26, Pages: 376-383, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201503711, Published: JAN 2016.
- Chen, YM; Li, XY; Park, K; Zhou, LM; Huang, HT; Mai, YW; Goodenough, JB, Hollow Nanotubes of N‐Doped Carbon on CoS, ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE INTERNATIONAL EDITION, 10.1002/anie.201608489, NOV 2016.
- Zhu, S; Liang, S; Bi, J; Liu, M; Zhou, LM; Wu, L; Wang, X, Photocatalytic reduction of CO2 with H2O to CH4 over ultrathin SnNb2O6 2D nanosheets under visible light irradiation, GREEN CHEMISTRY, Volume: 18, Pages: 1355-1363, DOI: 10.1039/C5GC02308D, Published: MAR 2016.
- Jin, H; Qian, J; Zhou, LM; Yuan, J; Huang, H; Wang, Y; Tang, WM; Chan, H, Suppressing the coffee-ring effect in semitransparent MnO2 film for a high-performance solar-powered energy storage window, ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, Volume: 8, Pages: 9088-9096, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b00402, Published: MAR 2016.
- Li, W; Cao, K; Wang, H; Liu, J; Zhou, LM; Yao, H, Carbon coating may expedite the fracture of carbon-coated silicon core-shell nanoparticles during lithiation, NANOSCALE, Volume: 8, Pages: 5254-5259, DOI: 10.1039/C5NR08498A, Published: FEB 2016.
- Li, X; Chen, Y; Huang, H; Mai, YW; Zhou, LM, Electrospun carbon-based nanostructured electrodes for advanced energy storage-A review, ENERGY STORAGE MATERIALS, Volume: 5, Pages: 58-92, DOI: 10.1016/j.ensm.2016.06.002, Published: JUN 2016.
- Jin, HY; Zhou, LM; Mak, CL; Huang, HT; Tang, WM; Chan, HLW; High-performance fiber-shaped supercapacitors using carbon fiber thread (CFT)@polyanilne and functionalized CFT electrodes for wearable/stretchable electronics, NANO ENERGY, Volume 11, Pages 662–670, DOI:10.1016/j.nanoen.2014.11.055, JAN 2015.
- Gao, Y; Jin, HY; Lin, QF; Li, X; Tavakoli, MM; Leung, SF; Tang, WM; Zhou, LM; Chan, HLW; Fan, ZY, Highly flexible and transferable supercapacitors with ordered three-dimensional MnO2/Au/MnO2 nanospike arrays, JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, Volume: 3, Issue: 19, Pages: 10199-10204, DOI: 10.1039/c5ta01960e, Published: APR 2015.
- Jin, HY; Zhou, LM; Mak, CL; Huang, HT; Tang, WM; Chan, HLW, Improved performance of asymmetric fiber-based micro-supercapacitors using carbon nanoparticles for flexible energy storage,JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, Volume: 3, Issue: 30, Pages: 15633-15641, DOI: 10.1039/c5ta03576g, Published: JUN 2015.
- Tang, J; Yang, J; Zhou, X; Yao, H; Zhou, LM, A porous graphene/carbon nanowire hybrid with embedded SnO2 nanocrystals for high performance lithium ion storage, JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, Volume: 3, Pages: 23844-23851, DOI: 10.1039/C5TA06859B, Published: OCT 2015.
- Fu, NQ; Huang, C; Liu, Y; Lu, W; Zhou, LM; Peng, F; Liu, YC; Huang HT, Organic-Free Anatase TiO2 Paste for Efficient Plastic Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells and Low-Temperature Processed Perovskite Solar Cells, ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, Volume 7, Issue 34, pp 19431–19438, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.5b05672, Published: AUG 2015.
- Chen YM, Li, XY; Zhou XY, Yao, HM; Huang, HT; Mai YW, and Zhou, LM. Hollow-tunneled Graphitic Carbon Nanofibers Through Ni-diffusion-induced Graphitization as High- performance Anode Materials. ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, DOI:10.1039/ C4EE00148F, Published: MAY 2014.
- Tang, J, Yang, J, Zhou, XY, Zhou, LM, Chen, G, Huang, B, Silica-assistant synthesis of three-dimensional graphene architecture and its application as anode material for lithium ion batteries, NANO ENERGY, Volume 8, Pages 62–70, DOI: 10.1016/j.nanoen.2014.05.008, 2014.
- Chen, YM; Li, XY; Park, K; Hong, JH; Song, J; Zhou, LM; Mai, YW; Huang, HT; Goodenough, JB. Sulfur Encapsulated in Porous Hollow CNTs@CNFs for High-Performance Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A. DOI:10.1039/C4TA01823K, MAY 2014.
- Tang, J; Yang, J; Zhou, L; Xie, J; Chen, G; Zhou, X, Layer-by-layer self-assembly of a sandwich-like graphene wrapped SnOx@ graphene composite as an anode material for lithium ion batteries, JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRYA, Volume: 2, Issue: 18, Pages: 6292-6295, DOI: 10.1039/C4TA00495G, Published: JAN 2014.
- Li, XY; Chen, YM; Zhou, LM; Mai, YW; Huang, HT, Exceptional electrochemical performance of porous TiO2-carbon nanofibers for lithium ion battery anodes, JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, Volume: 2, Issue: 11, Pages: 3875-3880, DOI: 10.1039/c3ta14646d, Published: 2014.
- Guo, M; Xie, KY; Wang, Y; Zhou, LM; Huang, HT, A strategy to reduce the angular dependence of a dye-sensitized solar cell by coupling to a TiO 2 nanotube photonic crystal, NANOSCALE, DOI: 10.1039/C4NR03712J, 2014, 2014.
- Li QQ, Li WQ, Feng, Wang P, Mao M, Liu J, Zhou LM, Wang HT, Yao HM, Thickness-dependent fracture of amorphous carbon coating on SnO2 nanowire electrodes, CARBON, Volume 80, Pages 793–798, doi:10.1016/j.carbon.2014.09.035, December 2014.
- Chen, YM; Li, XY; Park, K; Song, J; Hong, JH; Zhou, LM; Mai, YW; Huang, HT; Goodenough, JB, Hollow Carbon-Nanotube/Carbon-Nanofiber Hybrid Anodes for Li-ion Batteries, JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, Volume: 135, Issue: 44, Pages: 16280-16283, DOI: 10.1021/ja408421n, Published: NOV 2013.
- Lin, J; Guo, M; Yip, CT; Lu, W; Zhang, GG; Liu, XL; Zhou, LM; Chen, XF; Huang, HT, High Temperature Crystallization of Free-Standing Anatase TiO2 Nanotube Membranes for High Efficiency Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS, Volume: 23, Issue: 47, Pages: 5952-5960, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201301066, Published: DEC 2013.
- Guo, M; Xie, KY; Lin, J; Yong, ZH; Yip, CT; Zhou, LM; Wang, Y; Huang, HT, Design and coupling of multifunctional TiO2 nanotube photonic crystal to nanocrystalline titania layer as semi-transparent photoanode for dye-sensitized solar cell, ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE Volume: 5 Issue: 12 Pages: 9881-9888 DOI: 10.1039/c2ee22854h Published: DEC 2012.
- Chen YM, Lu ZG, Zhou LM, Mai YW, and Huang HT, Triple-coaxial Electrospun Amorphous Carbon Nanotubes with Hollow Graphitic Carbon Nanospheres for High-Performance Li Ion Batteries, ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, DOI:10.1039/C2EE22085G, Published: 2012.
- Chen YM, Lu ZG, Zhou LM, Mai YW, and Huang HT, In situ formation of hollow graphitic carbon nanospheres in electrospun amorphous carbon nanofibers for high-performance Li-based batteries, NANOSCALE, Volume: 4 Issue: 21 Pages: 6800-6805, DOI: 10.1039/c2nr31557b, Published: NOV 2012.
- Lin, J; Liu, XL; Guo, M; Lu, W; Zhang, GG; Zhou, LM; Chen, XF; Huang, HT, A facile route to fabricate an anodic TiO2 nanotube-nanoparticle hybrid structure for high efficiency dye-sensitized solar cells, NANOSCALE Volume: 4 Issue: 16 Pages: 5148-5153 DOI: 10.1039/c2nr31268a Published: 2012.
- Yip, CT; Guo, M; Huang, HT; Zhou, LM; Wang, Y; Huang, CJ, Open-ended TiO(2) nanotubes formed by two-step anodization and their application in dye-sensitized solar cells, NANOSCALE Volume: 4 Issue: 2 Pages: 448-450 DOI: 10.1039/c2nr11317a Published: 2012.
- Xie KY, Lu ZG, Huang HT, Lu W, Lai YQ, Lu, Li J, Zhou LM and Liu YX, Iron supported C@Fe3O4 nanotube array: a new type of 3D anode with low-cost for high performance lithium-ion batteries, J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 5560–5567.
- Yip, CT; Huang, HT; Zhou, LM; Xie, KY; Wang, Y; Feng, TH; Li, JS; Tam, WY, Direct and Seamless Coupling of TiO2 Nanotube Photonic Crystal to Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell: A Single-Step Approach, ADVANCED MATERIALS, Volume: 23 Issue: 47 Pages: 5624-DOI:10.1002/adma.201103591 Published: DEC 15 2011.
- Zhang, G; Huang, C; Zhou, LM; Ye, L; Li, W; and Huang, H, “Enhanced Charge Storage by the Electrocatalytic Effect of Anodic TiO2 Nanotubes”, NANOSCALE 3, 4174 (2011)
Composites and Structures
- W Xu, H Fang, M Cao, LM Zhou, Q Wang, W Ostachowicz, A noise-robust damage indicator for characterizing singularity of mode shapes for incipient delamination identification in CFRP laminates, MECHANICAL SYSTEMS AND SIGNAL PROCESSING, 121, 183-200, 2019
- Duan, Y Liao, Z Zeng, H Jin, LM Zhou, Z Zhang, ZQ Su, Graphene-based nanocomposite strain sensor response to ultrasonic guided waves, COMPOSITES SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2019.02.011., 2019
- Y Liao, F Duan, H Zhang, Y Lu, Z Zeng, M Liu, H Xu, C Gao, LM Zhou, Hao Jin, Z Zhang, ZQ Su, Ultrafast response of spray-on nanocomposite piezoresistive sensors to broadband ultrasound, CARBON, 143, 743-751, 2018
- Zeng, ZH; Liu, ML; Xu, H; Liao, YZ; Duan, F; Zhou, LM; Jin, H; Zhang, Z; Su, ZQ, Ultra-broadband frequency responsive sensor based on lightweight and flexible carbon nanostructured polymeric nanocomposites, CARBON, Volume 121, Pages 490–501, Published: SEP 2017
- Xu, H; Zeng, ZH; Wu, ZJ; Zhou, LM; Su, ZQ; Liao, YH; Liu, ML, Broadband dynamic responses of flexible carbon black/poly (vinylidene fluoride) nanocomposites: A sensitivity study, COMPOSITES SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, JUNE 13 2017 doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2017.06.010
- Li, Q; Li, Y; Zhou, LM, Nanoscale evaluation of multi-layer interfacial mechanical properties of sisal fiber reinforced composites by nanoindentation technique, COMPOSITES SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, September 21 2017 doi: 10.1016/j.compscitech.2017.09.030
- Li, Q; Li, Y; Zhou, LM, A micromechanical model of interfacial debonding and elementary fiber pull-out for sisal fiber-reinforced composites, COMPOSITES SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, October 10 2017 doi: 10.1016/j.compscitech.2017.10.008
- Zhang, L, Zhou, LM, Zhang, JF, Wang, ZQ, Lu, S, Wang, X, Influence of high temperature on the flexural properties of GF/pCBT laminates and their fusion-bonded joints, COMPOSITES PART B: ENGINEERING, 110, 124-131, 2017
- Zhang, L; Zhou, LM; Zhang, JF; Wang, ZQ; Lu, S; Wang, XQ, Influence of high temperature on the flexural properties of GF/pCBT laminates and their fusion-bonded joints, COMPOSITES PART B: ENGINEERING, Volume 110, Pages 124–131, FEB 2017.
- Zhang, J; Chen, Q; Shi, Z; Teng, J; Zhou, LM, Investigation on a novel bolted joint scheme for foam inserted top-hat stiffened composite plates, MATERIALS & DESIGN, Volume: 93, Pages: 448-457, DOI: 10.1016/j.matdes.2016.01.013, Published: MAR 2016.
- Zeng, Z; Liu, M; Xu, H; Liu, W; Liao, Y; Jin, H; Zhou, LM; Zhang, Z; Su, Z, A coatable, light-weight, fast-response nanocomposite sensor for the in situ acquisition of dynamic elastic disturbance: from structure vibration to ultrasonic waves, SMART MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES, Volume: 25, Pages: 065005, DOI: 10.1088/0964-1726/25/6/065005, Published: MAY 2016.
- Wang, MC; Hu, N; Zhou, LM; Yan, C, Enhanced interfacial thermal transport across graphene-polymer interfaces by grafting polymer chains, CARBON, Volume: 85 Pages: 414-421 DOI: 10.1016/j.carbon.2015.01.009 Published: APR 2015.
- Yang, B; Zhang, JF; Zhou, LM, Lu, WY; Wang, ZQ, Effect of fiber surface modification on water absorption and hydrothermal aging behaviors of GF/pCBT composites, COMPOSITES PART B: ENGINEERING, doi:10.1016/j.compositesb.2015.08.056, Published: DEC 2015.
- Yang, B; Zhang, JF; Zhou, LM; Zhang, L; Wang ZQ; Liang WY, Effect of fiber surface modification on the lifetime of glass fiber reinforced polymerized cyclic butylene terephthalate composites in hygrothermal conditions, MATERIALS & DESIGN, Volume 85, Pages 14-23, doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2015.07.010, Published: NOV 2015.)
- Yang, B; Wang, ZQ; Zhou, LM; Zhang, JF; Liang, WY, Experimental and numerical investigation of interply hybrid composites based on woven fabrics and PCBT resin subjected to low-velocity impact, COMPOSITE STRUCTURES, Volume:132, Pages 464 -476, Published: NOV 2015.
- Li, FC; Sun, XW; Qiu, JX; Zhou, LM; Li, HG; Meng, G, Guided wave propagation in high-speed train axle and damage detection based on wave mode conversion,STRUCTURAL CONTROL & HEALTH MONITORING, Volume: 22, Issue: 9, Pages: 1133-1147, DOI: 10.1002/stc.1739, Published: SEP 2015.
- Wang, XQ; Zhang, JF; Wang, ZQ ; Liang, WY ; Zhou, LM , Finite element simulation of the failure process of single fiber composites considering interface properties, COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING, Volume: 45 Issue:1 Pages: 573-580 DOI: 10.1016/j.compositesb.2012.07.051 Published: FEB 2013.
- Zhang, JN; Deng, SQ; Wang, YL; Ye, L; Zhou, LM; Zhang, Z, Effect of nanoparticles on interfacial properties of carbon fibre-epoxy composites, COMPOSITES PART A-APPLIED SCIENCE AND MANUFACTURING, Volume: 55, Pages: 35-44, DOI: 10.1016/j.compositesa.2013.08.005, Published: DEC 2013.
- Ning, HM; Hu, N; Kamata, T; Qiu, JH; Han, X; Zhou, LM ; Chang, C, Improved piezoelectric properties of poly( vinylidene fluoride) nanocomposites containing multi-walled carbon nanotubes, SMART MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES Volume: 22 Issue: 6 Article Number: 065011, Pages 1-7 DOI: 10.1088/0964-1726/22/6/065011 Published: JUN 2013.
- Wang ZQ, Zhou S, Zhang JF, Wu XD and Zhou LM, Progressive failure analysis of bolted single-lap composite joint based on extended finite element method, MATERIALS & DESIGN, Volume 37, Pages 582–588. Published: 2012.
- Wang YL, Zhou LM, Wang ZQ, Huang HT, Ye L, Stress distributions in single shape memory alloy fiber composites, MATERIALS & DESIGN Volume: 32 Issue: 7 Pages: 3783-3789 Published: 2011
- Wang ZQ, Wang XQ, Zhang JF, Zhou LM, Automatic generation of random distribution of fibers in long-fiber-reinforced composites and mesomechanical simulation, MATERIALS & DESIGN Volume: 32 Issue: 2 Pages: 885-891 Published: 2011