Area of Specialization
Aerodynamics; Hydrodynamics; Active flow control; Fluid-structure Interaction; Multiphase flow
Dr. Tang is a scholar specialized in various areas of fluid mechanics, especially in active flow control and fluid-structure interaction, with both fundamental investigations and real-world applications. He received his PhD degree in Aeronautical Engineering from University of Manchester in 2007. After graduation, he worked as Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and then worked as Assistant Professor at Nanyang Technological University. He joined PolyU in 2014 as Assistant Professor, and was then promoted to Associate Professor in 2017. Dr. Tang has published 5 book chapters and 80+ refereed papers including 50+ papers in top-tier journals. He is/has been member of scientific or organizing committees for various international conferences/symposiums. He is now serving as an Executing Committee Member of Hong Kong Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (HKSTAM) (2016-present).
Various PhD/RA openings are available. If interested, please contact Dr Tang for more information.
- Kefayati, GH.R. and Tang H., 2018, MHD thermosolutal natural convection and entropy generation of Carreau Fluid in a heated enclosure with two inner circular cold cylinders, using LBM, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 126: 508-530.
- Wang, C. and Tang, H., 2018, Enhancement of aerodynamic performance of a heaving airfoil using synthetic-jet based active flow control, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 13: 046005.
- Kefayati, GH.R. and Tang, H., 2018, Lattice Boltzmann simulation of viscoplastic fluids on natural convection in an inclined enclosure with inner cold circular/elliptical cylinders, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 123: 1138-1203.
- Ahmad, S., Tang, H. and Yao, H.M., 2018, Oblique impact of two successive droplets on a flat surface, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 119: 433-445.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Yu, S.C.M. and Duan, F., 2017, Lock-on of vortex shedding to a pair of synthetic jets with phase difference, Physical Review Fluids, 2: 104701.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Yu, S.C.M. and Duan, F., 2017, Control of vortex-induced vibration using a pair of synthetic jets: Influence of active lock-on, Physics of Fluids, 29: 083602.
- Wen, X. and Tang, H., 2017, Dye visualization of in-line twin synthetic jets in crossflows - A parametric study, Journal of Fluids Engineering, 139: 091203.
- Salunkhe, P., Tang, H., Zheng, Y. and Wu, Y., 2016, PIV measurement of mildly controlled flow over a straight-wing model, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 62: 552-559.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Yu, S.C.M. and Duan, F., 2016, Active control of vortex-induced vibrations of a circular cylinder using windward-suction-leeward-blowing actuation, Physics of Fluids, 28: 053601.
- Wen, X., Tang, H. and Duan, F., 2016, Interaction of in-line twin synthetic jets with a separated flow, Physics of Fluids, 28: 043602.
- Zheng, Y., Wu, Y. and Tang, H., 2016, A time-resolved PIV study on the force dynamics of flexible tandem wings in hovering flight, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 62: 65-85.
- Zheng, Y., Wu, Y. and Tang, H., 2016, An experimental study on the forewing-hindwing interactions in hovering and forward flights, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 59: 62-73.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Duan, F. and Yu, S.C.M., 2016, Control of wakes and vortex-induced vibrations of a single circular cylinder using synthetic jets, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 60: 160-179.
- Wen, X., Tang, H. and Duan, F., 2015, Vortex dynamics of in-line twin synthetic jets in a laminar boundary layer, Physics of Fluids, 27: 083601.
- Zheng, Y., Wu, Y. and Tang, H., 2015, Force measurements of flexible tandem wings in hovering and forward flights, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 10: 016021.
- Wang, L., Tang, H. and Wu, Y., 2015, Simulation of wave-body interaction: A desingularized method coupled with acceleration potential, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 52: 37-48.
- Tang, H., Salunkhe, P., Zheng, Y., Du, J. and Wu, Y., 2014, On the use of synthetic jet actuator arrays for active flow separation control, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 57: 1-10.
- Wen, X. and Tang, H., 2014, On hairpin vortex induced by circular synthetic jets in laminar and turbulent boundary layers, Computers & Fluids, 95: 1-18.
- Liu, L., Tang, H. and Quan, S., 2013, Shapes and terminal velocities of a drop rising in stagnant liquids, Computers & Fluids, 81: 17-25.
For the full list of publications, please check Dr Tang’s Google Scholar page