The Hong Kong Seafaring Scholarship
The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region has set up the Scholarship for the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies (LMS) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) for the academic year 2017/18 to provide incentive to students to pursue a seafaring career upon the completion of the Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in International Shipping and Transport Logistics (BBA-ISTL) programme. FIVE Scholarships shall be awarded.
The Scholarship will cover the tuition fee for the programme and a living allowance:
HK$60,000 x 2 years = HK$120,000
Local full-time penultimate-year (Year 3 or Senior Year 1) students enrolled on BBA-ISTL programme
- Commitment to pursuing a seafaring career
- Interview performance (if any)
Conditions of Award
Each recipient of the Scholarship shall:
- Maintain a full-time registered student status and be free of disciplinary record(s) during his/her studies in LMS of PolyU
- Complete the BBA-ISTL programme with passes in any 3 of the nautical studies elective subjects of the BBA-ISTL programme
- After confirmation of eligibility of graduation, work full time onboard (seafaring) for a period of not less than 18 consecutive calendar months
- Provide genuine contact details (including telephone number, personal e-mail address and residential address) to enable PolyU to get in touch with in at least three years following graduation.
- Provide employment proof for ascertaining his/her compliance with the requirements of the Scholarship.
- Attend any related function/ceremony hosted by PolyU/Government (if any) and be invited to join other activities/programmes organized by PolyU/Government.
Each recipient is required to sign an undertaking to the effect of conditions above, which shall form a contractual relationship with the Government. In case the recipient fails to fulfil any of the above conditions, he/she is required to refund in full the value of the Scholarship received to the Government.
Please complete and return the application form to LMS General Office (Room M628) on or before 22 September 2017 (Friday).
- The awardee might be allowed to concurrently hold more than one scholarship administered by the University in an academic year subject to the University’s Guideline Governing the Concurrent Holding of Scholarships.
- PolyU/LMS reserves the right to change the terms or withdraw the Scholarship. In case of any dispute/disagreement, the decision of PolyU/LMS is final.
To learn more details about the BBA-ISTL programme, please click here.