A fast-growing market boosting the historical institutional space exploration economy.
- The current growth in the development of space infrastructures and production of data from space is opening a full range of new applications for new customers.
- New business models for space encompass launchers, satellite manufacturers, in-orbit servicing, telecommunication, cybersecurity, earth observation analytics, and many more.
- The roughly 366 billion USD global space industry in 2019 is estimated to surge to over $1 trillion by 2040.
How might we understand better our impact on Mother Earth?
How might we build a better and smarter city with Space data?
How might we uplift the NewSpace Economy's consumer experience in the metaverse?
- Seats are limited and priority will be given to PolyU/ HKCC/ SPEED current students while other applicants will be on the waitlist.
- Successful applicants will be notified via email and phone call individually.
- Unsuccessful applicants are still welcome to submit their team list and projects by 30 Nov 2022 (Wed), 1PM.
- In alignment with the latest epidemic prevention regulations, the Gala venue, Noah's Ark Hong Kong (including Solar Villas and Solar Tower) implements the special precautionary measures. All requirements for catering operations there are subject to HKSAR Government regulations. For the updated information of 'Vaccine Pass' arrangements, please refer to www.coronavirus.gov.hk .
Team consisting of one PolyU/ HKCC/ SPEED current student (both undergraduates and postgraduates) as Person-in-charge
(team size: max. 5), no matter if you have participated in the Ideation Gala or not.
How? | Application Closed.
Submit your team list and idea by filling in the online application form, one application per team.
Join the Challenge LinkedIn Group to meet like-minded people in different disciplines!
Online Briefing Session cum Webinar:
1 Nov 2022 (Tue) | 5:30 – 7PM
|Online Briefing Session cum Webinar:
How Might We Flip the Climate Change by Blockchain & Data?
14 Nov 2022 (Mon) | 1:00 – 2:30PM
Format: Online via Zoom
18 Nov 2022 (Fri), 1 PM
|Ideation Gala | Team Formation | Workshops||26 Nov 2022 (Sat) | 10AM - 8PM
Venue: Solar Tower @Noah’s Ark Hong Kong
Team & Project Submission Deadline
30 Nov 2022 (Wed), 1PM
|Announcement of Shortlisted Projects
|Pitching||20 Dec 2022 (Tue) | PolyU (Tentative)|
- 20% Team Competency
- 30% Business Development Potential
- 30% Innovativeness
- 20% Research & Development
Strategic Corporate Partners:
Amazon Web Services
For over 15 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud offering. AWS has been continually expanding its services to support virtually any cloud workload, and it now has more than 200 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 87 Availability Zones within 27 geographic regions, with announced plans for 21 more Availability Zones and seven more AWS Regions in Australia, Canada, India, Israel, New Zealand, Spain, and Switzerland. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—trust AWS to power their infrastructure, become more agile, and lower costs. To learn more about AWS, visit aws.amazon.com.
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd.
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat), Asia’s premier satellite solutions provider, offers reliable satellite connectivity, media and data solutions to customers in the broadcast, telecom and mobility sectors through its fleet of six in-orbit satellites – AsiaSat 4, AsiaSat 5, AsiaSat 6, AsiaSat 7, AsiaSat 8 and AsiaSat 9, and teleport infrastructure. From content distribution to headends, telcos, DTH, DTT platforms; Occasional Use; to One Click Go Live streaming service; IP-based, hybrid OTT service; hosting services; cutting edge VSAT solutions serving aviation, maritime, mobile backhaul, AsiaSat helps bridge the digital divide, aiming to be the foremost satellite solutions provider and an instinctive partner of choice in the Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.asiasat.com.
Founded in 2000, AsiaPay is a premier digital payment solution and technology vendor in Asia, strives to bring advanced, reliable, secure, all-in-one integrated and cost-effective digital payment processing solutions and services to banks and e-businesses around the world. We provide corporate entities with the latest digital payment values that readily maximize business' efficiency, productivity, and global opportunities. Our integrated payment services cover credit and debit cards, bank account/net banking, digital wallets, buy now pay later, over-the-counters and other digital means. AsiaPay offers a variety of award-winning, multi-currency, multi-lingual, multi-card, and multi-channel payment solutions, bundled also with our advanced functionalities including fraud detection, tokenization, data analytics…etc. We are certified service provider by various card brands and in compliant with the payment card industry security standards. Headquartered in Hong Kong, we offer professional digital payment services and solutions with quality local accounts and technical services across 14 operation offices in Asia-Pacific.
The Consumer Council was established in 1974 with the mission to enhance consumer welfare and empowerment. For almost half a century, the Council has staunchly advocated and championed consumer rights and protection, striving to enable a safe and sustainable consumption environment in a fair and just market. The CHOICE Magazine, first issued in 1976, is the world’s first Chinese periodical on consumer welfare and is the Council’s signature publication for promoting consumer education.
The Council has been serving as a member of Consumers International since the 1970s. In recent years, the Council has also actively strengthened collaboration with regional and Greater Bay Area neighbours to jointly protect consumer rights.
As global digital transformation has reshaped the marketplace and changed consumption patterns, the Council will uphold its core mission while continuing to achieve breakthroughs in consumer protection, addressing the needs of society and fostering a better environment and culture for consumption.
Green Token is a sustainability-focused Ecosystem that uses the power of its ERC20 Token, $GREEN, to unite a community, reward behavior, and give support to developing projects. Green Token is focused on empowering consumers through collective action and supporting early-stage projects to disrupt industries. Using $GREEN, we can begin to drive down green premiums, and create the change we wish to see in the world. Build a globally recognizable community platform and supporting Web 3 tools focused on sustainability and environmental accountability, where the token $GREEN is used as the currency for the community. Visit website at https://greentoken.org/ .
Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation
HKSTP is Hong Kong’s hub for global research collaboration, where world-class researchers converge to change the world with new ideas.
Huawei Cloud APAC
Huawei Cloud opens up Huawei's over three decades of expertise in ICT and digitalization. We work with our customers, partners, and developers to dive into digital and provide Everything as a Service, together building the cloud foundation for an intelligent world.
Master Clean Carpet Systems Limited
Established in 2011 with a focus on innovative hygiene solutions & pest control solutions for all industries, MasterClean has successfully developed into one of the Hygiene Solution Leaders in Hong Kong. At MasterClean, we can give you all access to the innovative hygiene solutions from across the group. That means we can provide you with general cleaning, disinfection, pest control, and customized hygiene solutions to keep your environment clean and safe. With 500+ employees and a well-organized corporate structure, we assure excellence from customer service, innovations to service delivery, which leads us to customer recognition and trust. Our continuous innovations in solutions and services will be the key of our better community and future.
Noah’s Ark Hong Kong
Noah’s Ark Hong Kong located on the lush green Ma Wan Island is the world’s first full-sized replica built to Biblical specifications. As an enlightening theme park which integrates leisure, entertainment and education, it offers a variety of facilities and diverse activities such as the Ark Garden, Ark Expo, e-Planet, Treasure House, Ark Life Education House and Solar Tower, enabling visitors to learn about positive values, technology, ecology and conservation in a memorable edutainment journey like no other!
One Click Go Live Limited
One Click Go Live Limited (OCGL), a member of AsiaSat, offers one-stop video live-streaming solutions, from event planning and management, on-site video production and virtual conference, to live streaming platform and post production. Best for corporate events, webinars, AGM, entertainment and arts performances, sports events and education, One Click Go Live has delivered more than 300 events, reaching an audience of over 20 million in 52 countries. For more information, please visit www.oneclickgolive.com .
Protiviti Hong Kong
Protiviti is a Global management consulting firm composed of experts specializing in business consulting, technology consulting, and risk consulting. Our firm includes leading experts in areas of risk and compliance, technology effectiveness, IT consulting, data management consultancy, finance and accounting, litigation, investigations and financial restructuring. We delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach, and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future, build their own data assets while protecting them from their risks. We work with more than 25% of the Fortune 500Ò companies. Our 7,000 professionals in more than 85 offices worldwide bring powerful insights and proven delivery with customized blend of competencies to very project. Protiviti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Half International Inc. (New York Stock Exchange symbol: RHI). Founded in 1948, RHI, the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm, is a member of the S&P 500 index.
SGS Hong Kong Limited
SGS is the world’s leading Testing, Inspection and Certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories in the world. SGS Hong Kong is one of the branches of this Geneva stock listed company and was founded in 1959 with professional experience supporting a wide range of local and global customers from various industries with more than 1,000 employees. Our teams of highly qualified experts provide specialized solutions across our industries to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world, making business faster, simpler and more efficient.
SML Consulting Limited is an international marketing consultancy consisted of in-house business consultants, marketing strategists, top-notch creative directors, multimedia designers, data experts and tech team. SML Consulting aims to grow with businesses from small, medium to large scale and serves with a SMiLe.
The Nature Conservancy Hong Kong Foundation Limited
1. Knowledge Transfer and Entrepreneurship Office (KTEO) is the administrative unit (the "Unit") of the Digital Future Challenge (the "Challenge"). It is responsible for all application, screening, shortlisting, assessment, awarding and follow-up processes.
2. Online applications must be completed on or before the application deadline. No application submitted after the deadline will be entertained.
3. Assessment Panels (the "Panels") will be designated to conduct the assessments in different phases when necessary. The decisions from the Panels shall be final and no appeal will be entertained. No communication will be entered into between the applicants and the Unit or the Panel members in relation to the decisions.
4. Applicants agree and acknowledge that the information submitted during their application process (including but not limited to the online application and subsequent submission of documents) shall be disclosed to the Unit, the trainers/ coaches and the Panel members. The Unit, the trainers/ coaches and the Panel members shall keep the information confidential and shall use the information solely for training/assessing purposes. NO non-disclosure agreement will be signed between the applicants and PolyU, the Unit, the trainers/coaches or the Panel members unless under exceptional circumstance supported by strong rationale from the applicant in writing.
5. Communications with an applicant, generally via email, will be directed to the Person-in-charge (the "PIC") stated in the online application.
6. All Awardees should provide supplemental documentation requested by PolyU or HKSTP to receive the prizes or enrol in HKSTP IDEATION Programme.
7. The applicant MUST satisfy relevant conditions set out by HKSTP before they can be officially admitted to the HKSTP IDEATION Programme. HKSTP reserves its right to revise the admission criteria without prior notice.
8. Applicants agree not to make any claim or bring any action against PolyU, the Unit, the Panel members, the trainers/ coaches or advisors for any reason whatsoever or otherwise seek to recover from PolyU, the Unit, the Panel members, the trainers/ coaches or the advisors any costs incurred in relation to their applications or any loss of estimated profits or any other benefits which the applicant may anticipate to accrue from application of the Scheme.
9. The Unit reserves the right to disqualify any applications that, in its sole judgment, violate the rules and principles of the Challenge.
10. The Unit reserves the right to change the Challenge guidelines stipulated herein and elsewhere from time to time without prior notice.