FAQs for Alumni
All PolyU alumni* are welcome to register for Alumni NetID. However, in the first stage, registrations will be available exclusively for the cardholders of the Federation of PolyU Alumni Associations life members only.For the following graduates, you can login your email account when you used while studying in PolyU. You are NOT required to register again:
Please note that the University reserves the right to provide IT services to users at its sole discretion.[* Definition of PolyU alumni: All graduates who have successfully completed regular full-time or part-time programmes offered by PolyU (including its forerunners - Hong Kong Government Trade School, Hong Kong Technical College and The Hong Kong Polytechnic) and/or its constituent units - School of Professional Education and Executive Development (SPEED) and Hong Kong Community College (HKCC), which lead to academic awards granted and accredited by the respective institution.]
- Graduates of 2011 who graduated before February 2011 (PolyU-award holders only)
- All graduates of 2012 and onwards, e.g. year of 2013, 2014, etc (PolyU-award holders only)
Visit Alumni NetID Registration and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process.
Visit Alumni NetPassword Reset and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the password reset process.
Visit Forgot Password for Alumni and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the password reset process.
Visit PolyU Wireless LAN Configuration and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your device to access PolyU Wireless LAN.
- An lifelong email account carry a unique PolyU domain name, i.e [NetID]@connect.polyu.hk; with 50GB of storage space; and host services including calendaring, instant messaging, video chat, document sharing and editing.
- Wi-fi services (locations: PolyU campus, Hotel ICON, student halls of PolyU and UGC-funded institutions in Hong Kong)
PolyU Alumni NetID is your key to the IT services. It is your unique personal identifier.
After you have completed the Alumni NetID registration process, the accounts for accessing PolyU IT facilities and services will be available within 30 minutes.
The privilege to use the central IT facilities and services carries with it certain responsibilities and obligations, which are set forth in the PolyU Acceptable User Policy (AUP) for IT Facilities and Services (http://www.polyu.edu.hk/its/policies-and-standards/51-policies-and-standards/196-aup) and the Baseline Information Security Policy (https://www2.polyu.edu.hk/itsecurity/gov_isps.html) . Under these policies, all users are required to protect the integrity and security of the systems, and to comply with all applicable laws, contractual obligations and regulations. Users must also abide by all the prevailing policies, rules, guidelines and standards applicable to the use of PolyU IT facilities and services as announced by ITS.
Please follow the procedure below to complete the revocation process.
- VISIT PUsecure Identity Portal (https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk).
- CLICK 'Manage NetID' button
- LOG in using your NetID and NetPassword
- CLICK 'Identity Self-Service' button
- Under 'NetID Profile Enquiry', CLICK 'Edit Your Information' button
- ENTER your updated External E-mail Address
- CLICK 'Save Changes' button