Dr. Vincent W.S. Yeung is the programme leader of the BSc in Industrial Quality Management. He has been one of the key contributors to the modules of managing Six sigma, quality system implementation, auditing and certification, e-learning technologies and practices since their development and launching in the University. Dr. Yeung is an academic advisor to undergraduate students, project coordinator of final year projects, enrollment officer and subject coordinators of five subjects. Dr. Yeung is also actively involved in quality engineering, TQM, Six sigma and other management consultancy and training for the industries.
Dr. Yeung has thirty years of industrial and teaching experiences. He had worked as Quality Engineer, Vendor Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Quality Manager and Management Consultant before he joined the University.
Teaching and Research Specialties
Dr. Yeung is currently teaching and researching in the fields of quality engineering, quality management systems, Six Sigma, TQM and knowledge management. The subjects include those of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. He has published over fifteen papers in the past years, six of which are journal papers.
Professional Assessment Assessor of HKIE MIE stream
- Yeung V.W.S. “Six Sigma Paradigm Shift”, International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, Vol 3, No. 4, pp 317-332, 2007.
- Yeung V.W.S and Robert W. Armstrong “The management pattern of adopting TQM in Hong Kong companies”, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 171-183, 2005.
- "A six sigma based benchmarking framework for maintenance logistics provider". In Chan, J., Kwan, R. and Wong, E., eds., Quality Management: A New Era, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pre. Ltd., Singapore, pp.113-124 (2005) ISBN 981-256-289-3
- Yeung V.W.S and Robert W. Armstrong “A key to TQM benefits: manager involvement in customer processes”, International Journal of Services Technology and Management, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 14-29, 2003.
- Yeung V.W.S., Y.C. Tsim and Edgar T.C. Leung “An adaptation to ISO 9001:2000 for certified organizations”, Managerial Auditing Journal, Vol.17, No.5, pp. 245-250, 2002.