Eric W.K. See-To
Eric W.K. See-To
Eric See-To is Assistant Professor at Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Prior to the current appointment, Eric served as Senior Lecturer in the Business School, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK, and as Lecturer in Department of Management Science, Lancaster University Management School, UK. Eric’s research focuses on strategy and consumer behaviors in mobile and digital environments, and business intelligence and knowledge mining. He studies the role of information and digital interaction, empowered by technology, in formulating business model and marketing strategy, and the practical applications of business intelligence and knowledge mining. His work has been published in international journals such as Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS), Research Policy, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Electronic Markets, Information Systems Frontiers, and Journal of Electronic Commerce Research.
Teaching and Research Specialties
Some of his current projects and focuses are:
- The emergence and business implications of Web 2.0 and online social networking
- Business Models for Creative Industries, and the Source of Creativity and Innovation
- Impacts of Open Source Software on the Competitive Dynamics in the Commercial Software Market
- A Model of Online Instant Trust
- Risk and Trust in Payment System Usage and Adoption
- Technological Impacts on Consumption Behaviors
- Strategic Values of Customization for ERP vendors
- User Experience in Mobile Video Enjoyment
- Text and Data Mining in Big Data Environment
- Big Data Analytics for Finance
- Creative Industries
(Including External Committees, Memberships of Professional Bodies, etc)
- External Associate, The ebusiness@newcastle Research Team, the Centre for Knowledge, Innovation, Technology and Enterprise (KITE), Newcastle University Business School
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Business Science & Applied Management (ISSN: 1753-0296)
Selected Journal Publications
- See-to, E.W.K., Papagiannidis, S., & Cho, V. “User experience on mobile video appreciation: How to engross users and to enhance their enjoyment in watching mobile video clips”, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 79(8), 2012.
- Xu X., Ma W., and See-To E.W.K. “Will mobile video become the killer application for 3G? - an empirical model for media convergence,” Information Systems Frontiers, 12(3), 2010.
- Jaisingh J., See-To E.W.K., and Tam K.Y. “Impact of Open Source Software on the Strategic Choices of Firms developing Proprietary Software”, Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS), 25(3), 2008-9
- Westland J.C., and See-To E.W.K. "The Short-run Price-Performance Dynamics of Microcomputer Technologies," Research Policy, 36(5) 2007.
- See-To E.W.K. “When do you pay? The Business Impact of Payment Time Perception,” Electronic Markets – The International Journal, General Research Section, 17(2), 2007
- See-To E.W.K., Jaisingh J., and Tam K.Y. "Analysis of Electronic Micro-Payment Market," Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 8(1), 2007.