Carman K.M. Lee
Dr LEE Ka Man is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. She is the program leader of BSc(Hons) Enterprise Engineering with Management. She obtained her PhD and BEng degree from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. She was awarded Bronze Award of 16th China National Invention Exhibition Award in 2006 and Outstanding Professional Service and Innovation Award, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2006. Dr Lee has authored or co-authored more than 100 journal papers. Her current research areas include logistics information management, smart manufacturing, application of internet of things and data mining techniques.
Teaching and Research Specialties
- ISE 247 Fundamental of Enterprise Systems
- ISE 3001 Operations Research I
- ISE 460 Logistics Information Management
- ISE 518 Workflow Design and Management
- Logistics information management, Smart manufacturing, Internet of things, data mining techniques and aviation logistics
PhD students' project:
- Modelling Airside operations in Terminal Manoeuvring Area with Metaheuristics Approach
- Study of behavioral operations in dual-channel supply chain
- Committee Member of IET MIES Hong Kong Network (from 2014 to current)
- IEEE Technology Management Society Hong Kong Chapter (from 2013 to current)
- Treasurer of IET Singapore Network in 2011-2012
- Secretary of IEEE Technology Management Council Singapore Chapter from 2011-2012
- 1. Lin, D., Lee, C. K. M., & Yang, J. (2017). Air cargo revenue management under buy-back policy. Journal of Air Transport Management, 61, 53-63.
- CKM Lee, CL Yueng, ZR Xiong, SH Chung (2016) A mathematical model for municipal solid waste management-A case study in Hong Kong, Waste Management, Vol 58, p430-441.
- CKM Lee, CL Yeung, Chole Tan, KL Choy and WH Ip, (2015) Analyze the healthcare service requirement using fuzzy QFD, Computers in Industry, Vol 74, pp1-15.
- Chang, D., Lee, C. K. M. & Chen, C.-H. (2014). 'Review of life cycle assessment towards sustainable product development', Journal of Cleaner Production, 83, 48-60.
- Lv, Y.; Lee, C.K.M; Wu, Z.; Chan, H.K. & Ip, W.H. (2013), 'Priority-Based Distributed Manufacturing Process Modeling via Hierarchical Timed Color Petri Net', Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on 9(4), 1836-1846
- Lee, C.K.M Yeung YC and Zhen Hong (2012) An integrated framework for outsourcing risk management. Industrial Management & Data Systems 112, 541-558.
- Lee, CKM and Lam, Jasmine Siu Lee (2012) Managing reverse logistics to enhance sustainability of industrial marketing. Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp.589-598
- Zhang, X., Lee, C.K.M. and Chen, S. (2012) Supplier evaluation and selection: A hybrid model based on DEAHP and ABC. International Journal of Production Research 50, 1877-1889.
- Ho, G.T.S., Ip, W.H., Lee, C.K.M. and Mou, W.L. (2012) Customer grouping for better resources allocation using GA based clustering technique. Expert Systems with Applications 39, 1979-1987.
- Yang, M., Wu, Z., Lee, K.M. and Khoo, M.B.C. (2012) The X control chart for monitoring process shifts in mean and variance. International Journal of Production Research 50, 893-907.
- Lee, C.K.M., Ho, W., Ho, G.T.S. and Lau, H.C.W. (2011) Design and development of logistics workflow systems for demand management with RFID. Expert Systems with Applications 38, 5428-5437.
- Lee, C.K.M., Lin, D., Ho, W. and Wu, Z. (2011) Design of a genetic algorithm for bi-objective flow shop scheduling problems with re-entrant jobs. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 56, 1105-1113.
- Lin Danping. and Lee, C.K.M. (2011) A review of the research methodology for the re-entrant scheduling problem. International Journal of Production Research 49, 2221-2242.
- Yaqiong, Lv, CKM Lee and W. Zhang, (2011) Fuzzy theory applied in quality management of distributed manufacturing system: A literature review and classification. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence 24, 266-277.
- Ou, Y., Wu, Z., Chen, S. and Lee, K.M. (2010) An improved SPRT control chart for monitoring process mean. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 51, 1045-1054.
- Zhang, L.L., Lee, C.K.M. and Xu, Q. (2010) Towards product customization: An integrated order fulfillment system. Computers in Industry 61, 213-222.
- Ho, W., Lee, Carman Ka Man and Ho G.T.S. (2010) Multiple criteria optimization of contemporary logistics distribution network problems. OR Insight, 23, 27-43.
- Tan, K. L., Lee, C. & Ho, W. (2009), The analysis and case studies of successful express logistics companies, International Journal of Value Chain Management 3(1), 20-35.
- Ho, G.T.S., Lau, H.C.W., Kwok, S.K., Lee, C.K.M. and Ho, W. (2009) Development of a co-operative distributed process mining system for quality assurance. International Journal of Production Research 47, 883-918.
- Lee, C.K.M., Lau, H.C.W., Ho, G.T.S. and Ho, W. (2009) Design and development of agent-based procurement system to enhance business intelligence. Expert Systems with Applications 36, 877-884.
- Lau, H.C.W., Tang, C.X.H., Leung, B.P.K., Lee, C.K.M. and Ho, G.T.S. (2009) A performance tradeoff function for evaluating suggested parameters in the reactive ion etching process. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part A:Systems and Humans 39, 933-938.
- Lau, H.C.W., Ho, G.T.S., Chu, K.F., Ho, W. and Lee, C.K.M. (2009) Development of an intelligent quality management system using fuzzy association rules. Expert Systems with Applications 36, 1801-1815.
- Lee, C.K.M. and Chan, T.M. (2009) Development of RFID-based Reverse Logistics System. Expert Systems with Applications 36, 9299-9307.
- Lau, H.C.W., Cheng, E.N.M., Lee, C.K.M. and Ho, G.T.S. (2008) A fuzzy logic approach to forecast energy consumption change in a manufacturing system. Expert Systems with Applications 34, 1813-1824.
- Lee, C.K.M., Lau, H.C.W., Leung, B.P.K., Ho, G.T.S. and Choy, K.L. (2006) Enhancing product development through a dynamic information interchange approach. International Journal of Production Research 44, 5197-5222.
- Lee, C.K.M., Ho, G.T.S., Lau, H.C.W. and Yu, K.M. (2006) A dynamic information schema for supporting product lifecycle management. Expert Systems with Applications 31, 30-40.
- Lau, H. C. W., Tsui, W. T., Lee, C. K. M., Ho, G. T. S. & Ning, A. (2006), Development of a Profit-Based Air Cargo Loading Information System, Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on 2(4), 303-312.
- Lau, H., C. W., Lee, C., K. M., Ho, G.T.S., H., I.W., Chan, F., T. S. and Ip, R., W. L. (2006) M-commerce to support the implementation of a responsive supply chain network. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal 11, 169-178.
Selected Conference Papers
- Lee, C.K.M. Design and development of reconfigurable product data management system for integrated product and process development,2007 IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering, Apr 2007, USA
- Lee, CKM, and Chen Weiting , Exploration of applying RFID in reverse logistics , 2008, 15th International Annual EUROMA Conference
- C.K.M. Lee; X. J. Chen; C.A. Mitrea, Integration of RFID with Mobile Commerce for Consumer Marketing, 2008 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 8-11 Dec, 2008, Singapore, 1524 - 1528
- TAN, W.S. LEE, C.K.M. and LEE, EW, Design A Reverse Logistics Information System With RFID, 11th International conference on Enterprise information systems, Malian 6-10,2009, 293-299
- Hoo Yi Wang, C.K.M. Lee, Lee Eng Wah An Investigation of Logistic Operation in a Crossdocking Distribution System with RFID, IEEE The 16th International conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management 21-23 Oct, 2009, Beijing
- Mitrea, C.A.; Lee, C.K.M. Design and development of a knowledge discovery system in inventory management, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 2009. vol., no., pp.1449-1453, 8-11 Dec. 2009
- Ho, W.; Bennett, D.J.; Mak, K.L.; Chuah, K.B.; Lee, C.K.M.; Hall, M.J.; , Strategic logistics outsourcing: An integrated QFD and AHP approach, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 2009. vol., no., pp.1434-1438, 8-11 Dec. 2009
- Yaqiong, Lv and CKMLee, Development of Fuzzy Clustering Engine for Decision Making in Manufacturing, The 5th IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology, 2010, Singapore
- CKM Lee and D.P.Lin 2010, Hybrid Genetic Algorithm for Bi-objective Flow Shop Scheduling Problems with Re-entrant Jobs, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 2010. Macau,, 1240-1245
- CKM Lee, YC Yeung, Z Hong, Managing the Risks of Outsourcing in Supply Chain Networks, IEEE International Technology Management Conference, 2011, San Jose, 488-494
- LIN, D., LEE, C. K. M. & WU, Z. 2011. Integrated GA and AHP for re-entrant flow shop scheduling problem. 2011 IEEE International Conference on Quality and Reliability. Bangkok, Thailand: 496-500
- Dwi AGUSTINA, Carman Ka Man LEE, Rajesh PIPLANI, Cross Docking Scheduling with Delivery Time Window and Temporary Storage, 2011 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore, 131-135
- YaQiong LV, Carman Ka Man LEE, Fuzzy Hierarchical Clustering based on Fuzzy Dissimilarity, 2011 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore 1024-1027
- Lv, Y. Q. and C. K. M. Lee “Fuzzy hierarchical clustering Applied for Quality Estimation in Manufacturing System”, World Academy of Science and Engineering Technology (WASET), ICIESM 2012 : International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Systems Management. Paris, France, 1165-1168
- Kejenthiran S/O Thanabalu, CKM Lee,Chang Danni, Enhancing Workplace Safety with TRIZ, IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology, 2012, Bali, Indonesia, 652-657
- C.K.M. Lee, Rohan Pasari, A Simulation Experimental Investigation of Demand and Supply Uncertainty, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 2012. Hong Kong
- Lin, D., Lee, C. K. M., & Yang, J. (2015, December). The effect of buy-back policy in air cargo revenue management. In Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), 2015 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 465-469). IEEE.
- KKH, Ng, CKM. Lee, and H. M. Tang, Design and Development of a Performance Evaluation System for Aircraft Maintenance Industry, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore (pp. 564 – 568),
- Ng, K. K. H., & Lee, C. K. M. (2016, December). Makespan minimization in aircraft landing problem under congested traffic situation using modified artificial bee colony algorithm. In Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), 2016 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 750-754). IEEE.
- Ng, K. K. H., & Lee, C. K. M. (2016, September). A modified Variable Neighborhood Search for aircraft Landing Problem. In Management of Innovation and Technology (ICMIT), 2016 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 127-132). IEEE.
- William Ho and C.K.M. Lee (2007) Demand Forecasting in Logistics: Analytic Hierarchy Process and Genetic Algorithm-Based Multiple Regression Analysis, Logistics Engineering Handbook, 131-147, ISBN 084933053X
- Shaligram Pokharel, C.K.M. Lee, (2009)Analyzing the use of information systems in logistics industry, Information systems research methods, epistemology, and applications, 225-246, ISBN: 9781605660400, Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference
- CKM Lee and Shaligram, Pokhareal, Benjamin, Ng, (2011) Managing uncertain inventory in supply chain with Neural Network and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Supply Chain Innovation for competing in Highly Dynamic makets, Challenges and Solution, Edited by Pietro Evangelista, Ala,Mckinnon, Edward Sweeney & Emilio Esposito, IGI Global, p137-354 ISBN: 987-1-60960-585-8
- Lixing Yang, CKM Lee (2012) Adoption of Genetic Algorithm for Cross-Docking Scheduling with Time Window, H. K. Chan et al. (eds.), Decision-Making for Supply Chain Integration, Decision Engineering 1, Springer-Verlag London, p1-22