Accelerating Technology Start-ups
POLYU TECH LAUNCHPAD FUND is a matching grant up to HK$1million each project, aiming to accelerate the growth of technology start-ups founded by PolyU members, with a funding pool of HK$8 million for each Government Financial Year from Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) under Technology Start-up Support Scheme for Universities (TSSSU).
Disclaimer: The below summary is for QUICK VIEW ONLY, please refer to Application Guidelines at Download Area for details.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
- incorporated in HKSAR within 24 months upon 1 Feb 2019,
- with at least one PolyU member (student / alumni / professor) as the Person-in-Charge, and
- the core team (at least two members) has been through / is currently in a credible pre-incubation/incubation/acceleration programme OR is commercialising a PolyU technology.
WHAT STAGE OF START-UPS?
- An Investment-Meetup-Gathering will be held to facilitate the applicants to pitch to interested investors; and
- A maximum of HK$1 million grant with a matching ratio of at most one-to-one (1:1) for the investment raised by the Funded Start-up
HOW TO APPLY?
- Guidelines for PolyU Tech Launchpad Fund (TLF) Scheme 2019-20 (2nd intake)
- FAQ for PolyU Tech Launchpad Fund (TLF) Scheme 2019-20 (2nd intake)
- TSSSU Application and Reimbursement Guidelines (for reference only)
- ITC TSSSU FAQ