The information collected from you will be used for the following purposes:
During application for enrollment
- Your data will be used for managing your application records and processing your application with the Institute for Entrepreneurship (IfE), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU).
- It is mandatory for you to provide your personal data in the provided application form. In the event that you do not provide such personal data, we may not be able to further process your application.
- Your name and personal identification number (e.g. Hong Kong ID number, Mainland ID number or Passport number) will be used by IfE to identify multiple applications and extract records of your previous studies at IfE; and by relevant institutions/organizations to provide IfE with information about your studies/qualifications.
- Your email address and telephone number will be used by IfE to send you email/SMS for important information concerning your application (including shortlist for interview/test and/or admission offer).
- Your information provided in this application form may be used for statistical purpose (where all personal identifiers such as name, HKID number, address, email address and telephone number will be deleted).
- All application data (including the hard and soft copy of your supporting documents), except for those who have been admitted and registered as PolyU students, will be discarded by IfE after the completion of the admissions exercise.
- Upon admission, your data will be transferred to the participant record system, MCCS, of IfE.
- These will be used in activities and services provided by units of the University in support of your study with IfE.
- Your data may be transferred to parties outside PolyU for processing student visa (for non-local students) and/or any other activities related to your study (such as field trips, company visits and experiential learning programmes).
Upon Completion of Study
- Your contact information will be used for maintaining on-going communication with you upon your completion of study, including the delivery of announcement and other information, such as activities, education programmes, benefits and services.
- You may request access to your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486 and you can make such request(s) to the Institute. For correction of your personal data, please make contact our office accordingly.