Accelerating Technology Start-ups
POLYU TECH LAUNCHPAD FUND (TLF) is a matching fund up to HK$1.5million each project, aiming to accelerate the growth of technology start-ups founded by PolyU members, with the funding source from Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) under Technology Start-up Support Scheme for Universities (TSSSU).
Disclaimer: The below summary is for QUICK VIEW ONLY, please refer to Application Guidelines and FAQ at Download Area for details.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
1. A team with at least 2 members in which at least one PolyU member (student / alumni / professor) acts as the Person-in-charge (PIC).
2. The PIC is required to take a key management position which usually should be evidence by
- 20% or more ownership; and
- Working on a full-time basis in the applying company.
3. If the team has already established a company, the company must be incorporated in HKSAR within 24 months upon 1 Feb 2020.
4. The company must be technology-oriented with R&D elements.
5. The team
- has graduated from / is currently in a qualified pre-incubation / incubation programme; OR
- is commercialising PolyU research technologies and at least one of the inventors shall be a team member or a shareholder of the applying company.
1. An Investment-Meetup-Gathering will be held to facilitate the applicants to pitch to interested investors; and
2. A maximum of HK$1.5 million grant with a matching ratio of at most one-to-one (1:1) for the investment raised by the Funded Start-up
SESSION 1 @ SHENZHEN
Date: 29 August 2019 (Thu)
Time: 12:30 - 2:00pm
Venue: G/F, PolyU Shenzhen Base, No. 18, Yuexing 1st Road, High-Tech Industrial Park, Nanshan District, Shenzhen
SESSION 2 @ HONG KONG
Date: 5 September 2019 (Thu)
Time: 6:30 - 7:30pm
Venue: QR708, 7/F, Shirley Chan Building (Core R), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
HOW TO APPLY?
Please read the Online Application Manual first and apply through the online application system on or before 13:00, 12 September 2019 (Thursday)
TLF Guidelines & FAQ
TSSSU Guidelines & FAQ
Declaration of Use of PolyU Knowledge/Innovations/Technologies
Tel: +852 3400-2627 / 2703