Start date: 21 Feb 2021 (Sun)
Early Bird Deadline: 5 Feb 2021 (Fri)
Upon successful completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
- Describe and explain how the internet has evolved as a tool for consumer empowerment and control and the empowered consumers in turn challenge purchasing behavior, traditional marketing and customer management approaches;
- Work with different digital and social media channels;
- Assess and integrate different digital and social media channels to support online or integrated marketing efforts;
- Apply different social media marketing techniques to create, sustain and promote brand propositions in different marketing contexts;
- Adopt key performance indicators and apply analytical tools to measure the performance of marketing campaigns;
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the selected channels and learn how various channels help to establish competitive advantages for organizations.
Those who are interested to enhance their knowledge of the emerging digital media technologies in marketing context.
Unit 1: Digital Marketing Channels and Essentials
1.1 Overview of Digital Marketing
- Definition of digital marketing
- Trends of digital marketing
- Characteristics and benefits of digital media
- Strategies and key concepts for digital marketing
1.2 Digital Marketing Channels and Methods
- Website and landing page
- Display and programmatic advertising
- Email marketing
Search engine marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Paid Per click (PPC)
Social media marketing
- Social community
- Social publishing
- Social commerce
- Mobile marketing
- Online video marketing
- Emerging channels and methods of digital marketing
Unit 2: Digital Consumer Behaviour and Brand Building with Social Media
2.1 Digital Consumer Behaviour - Consumer Behavior in Digital Age
- Online consumer purchase modelling
- Impact of long tail and free business models
- Big data, social media, and consumers
- Relationship marketing using the Internet
2.2 Brand Building with Social Media
- Types of social media
- Social media for consumer insight
- Brand building with likable media
- Social media campaign planning
- Best practices in advertising and marketing on the leading social media platforms
- Viral and video marketing for brands
- Online PR and crisis management
Unit 3: Digital Marketing Strategy Development, Implementation, Practices and Evaluation
3.1 Digital Marketing Strategy Development
- The internet and the marketing mix
- Digital marketing strategies and frameworks
- B2C vs. B2B digital marketing
3.2 Integrated Approach of Digital Marketing
- Integrated digital marketing approach
- Information architecture and customer touch point
3.3 Implementation, Practices and Evaluation of Digital Marketing
- Delivering the online customer experience
- Campaign planning for digital media
- Marketing communications with the right digital media channels
- Measurement, evaluation and improvement of digital channel performances
- Stakeholder and project management overview
Dr. Ken Fong
DBA, MSc, MBA, BSSc, FCIM, FPVCBS, Chartered Marketer, Certified Digital Marketer, Chartered IT Professional
Assessment and Award
- The course comprises 60% continuous assessments and 40% examination.
- A Professional Certificate will be awarded by the Institute for Entrepreneurship (IfE) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University to students who achieve at least 70% of attendance and "Pass" (grade C with 50%) in both continuous assessments and examination.
Upon successful completion of this course, students can apply for Certified Digital Marketer (CDM) status at the Hong Kong Association of Interactive Marketing (HKAIM).*
* Students are required to have a higher diploma or above qualification in business/management/computer/ information technology (or equivalent) offered by a local university or a local tertiary education institution with a minimum of two years in digital marketing (either practice or teaching) in order to apply for CDM. Approval is subject to the final decision of HKAIM.
Applicants are required to satisfy the requirements stated in (i) and (ii):
- 5 passes in HKCEE (including English language and Chinese language at level 2 or grade E); OR
- 5 subjects in HKDSE (including English language and Chinese language) at level 2; OR
- Satisfactory completion of a recognized Diploma Programme or equivalent. OR
- Mature candidates aged 21 or above before the commencement date of each intake.
- 3 years or above working experience in sales and marketing, media and communications, public relations or business development.
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese (Course materials in English)
Class Meeting: 10 am - 6 pm, Saturdays (except the first class)
21 Feb (Sun) & 27 Feb 2021
06, 13 & 27 Mar 2021
10, 17 & 24 Apr 2021
08, 22 & 29 May 2021
5 Jun 2021
Examination: 10:30am - 12:30pm
19 Jun 2021 (Sat)
Institute for Entrepreneurship reserves the right to make changes to the class schedule and delivery mode (i.e. from face-to-face to online mode) based on the actual situation. Students will be informed by email.
Original Fee: HK$18,000
Early Bird Fee: HK$15,300
CEF Reimbursable Course
CEF Course Code: 21K103577
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
For claiming CEF, students are required to achieve at least 70% of attendance and a "Pass" (grade C with 50%) in the overall grade.
This course is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level ).
QR Registration No.: 18/000887/L4, Validity Period: 06/10/2018 To On-going
Please read the Guide for Applicants before completing the online application.
To better facilitate the processing of your application, please send the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your online application form:
- Academic certificate(s)
- Working certificate(s)
Applicants are required to provide the original copies for verification at the Institute for Entrepreneurship (IfE) counter on the first day of the lesson.
Please pay via one of the following methods within 3 working days after receiving a payment notification email:
Applicants will receive an online payment link after sending the softcopies of required certificates and / or job reference letter.
ATM / Faster Payment System
Name of A/C: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Bank: Hang Seng Bank
PolyU A/C No. : 280-277476-001
Please send the copy of the payment slip to email@example.com.
For any enquiries, please call us on 3400 2773 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.