Start date: 17 Oct 2020
Early Bird Deadline: 10 Oct 2020
Upon successful completion of this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Apply different creative thinking methodologies to generate ideas;
- Distinguish the strengths and weaknesses of different forms of content for marketing campaign;
- Employ effective content marketing strategies and influential digital and social media techniques to promote business growth;
- Develop metrics to measure effectiveness of content promotion strategies;
- Employ content marketing concepts to organize digital and social media campaigns;
- Practise storytelling for content creation to engage customers.
Those who are interested in enhancing their knowledge of the emerging digital media technologies in the marketing context.
Unit 1: Content Marketing
1.1 Content Marketing
- What is content marketing
- Why use content marketing
- Features of content marketing
1.2 Content Marketing Strategies
- Planning a long-term content strategy
- Brand archetypes and customer value
- Target audience setting
- Customer lifecycle content fitting
- Content style and content structure
- Content ideas, sources and media
1.3 Content Creation and Production
- Stages of content creation
- Content production
1.4 Content Promotion, Integration and Measurement
- Content promotion strategies
- Presenting online content
- Promoting and integrating content through paid and non-paid media
- Using KOL and influencers
- SEO and topic clusters for content marketing
- Content syndication
- Content ROI
- Measuring and analyzing content marketing
Unit 2: Creative Thinking, Storytelling and Content Creation for Brand
2.1 Creative Thinking
- Creative thinking methodologies
- The Paradigm shift
- The power of storytelling
- Anatomy of storytelling
- Transmedia storytelling
- Effective storytelling for branding
- Use of storytelling for content creation
2.3 Content Creation and Content Production for Brand
- Content creation strategies
- Content writing
- Content design
- Content repurposing
- Content production for new media: photo, video, live, 360 VR etc.
- Content distribution
Assessments and Award
- The assessments are comprised of 60% continuous assessments and 40% examination.
A Professional Certificate will be awarded by the Institute for Entrepreneurship (IfE) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University to participants who satisfy the requirements stated in (i) and (ii):
- (i) 70% attendance
- (ii) Attain "Pass" in both continuous assessments and examination
Upon successful completion of this course, participants can apply for Certified Digital Marketer (CDM) status at the Hong Kong Association of Interactive Marketing (HKAIM).*
* Participants are required to have a higher diploma or above qualification in business/management/computer/ information technology (or equivalent) offered by a local university or a local tertiary education institution with a minimum of two years in digital marketing (either practice or teaching) in order to apply for CDM. Approval is subject to the final decision of HKAIM.
Applicants are required to satisfy the requirements stated in (i) and (ii):
- Satisfactory completion of a recognized Higher Diploma Programme at Level 4 or equivalent; OR
- mature candidates aged 25 or above on or before the commencement date of the course, with proficiency in English (subject to satisfactory performance in an interview).
- 3 years or above working experience in sales & marketing, media & communications, public relations or business development.
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese (Course materials in English)
Course duration: 6 Months
Contact hours: 56 Hours
Final Examination: 2 Hours
Original Fee: HK$18,000
Early Bird Fee: HK$15,300
CEF Reimbursable Course
CEF Course Code: 33K124326
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
For claiming CEF, applicants are required to satisfy the requirements stated in (i) and (ii):
- (i) 70% attendance
- (ii) Attain “Pass” in the overall grade
This course is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level ).
QR Registration No.: 19/001086/L5, Validity Period: 08/07/2019 to on-going
For enquiries, please contact us on 3400 2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institute for Entrepreneurship (IfE) reserves the right to change the venue, class time and instructors.