- Certified Financial PlannerCM (CFPCM) Certification Education Programme and Associate Financial PlannerTM (AFPTM) Certification Education Programme
- Continuous Professional Development Courses for Insurance and Financial Services Professionals
Certified Financial PlannerCM (CFPCM) Certification Education Programme and Associate Financial PlannerTM (AFPTM) Certification Education Programme
Upcoming Intake: Mar 2019
The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong (IFPHK) announced a new designation - Associate Financial Planner (AFP) and revamped the CFP Certification Education Programme in June 2011. The new programme provides a progressive study pathway for students to acquire the new AFP qualification in financial planning industry. There are now 3 levels of programmes and examinations leading to AFP and CFP: the AFP Certification Education Programme, CFP Level 1 Certification Education Programme and CFP Level 2 Certification Education Programme.
To obtain CFP and AFP certification, participants must fulfill the 4E requirements. These are Education, Examination, Experience, and Ethics. The rigorous certification process ensures that CFP and AFP practitioners are highly regarded as they have achieved high standards of competence and ethical practice.
Upon successful completion of AFP Certification Education Programme, students are expected to be able to:
- comprehend the knowledge in personal financial planning such as financial management, time value of money, the six-step financial planning approach and code of ethics in financial planning practice
- demonstrate an understanding of the principles in risk management and retirement planning; and explain different types of risks, insurance products, retirement plans, ORSO and MPF system in Hong Kong
- construct a simple investment recommendation based on client’s financial sophistication
Upon successful completion of CFP Certification Education Programme (Level 1), students are expected to be able to:
- apply asset valuation, risk diversification and portfolio management in personal financial planning
- apply risk management technique in managing personal, property and liability risks; and to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of various kinds of insurance plans in the context of personal financial planning
- grasp the principles, regulatory and legal concepts of taxation and estate planning in Hong Kong; and evaluate advantages and disadvantages of different tax plans and estate plans
Upon successful completion of CFP Certification Education Programme (Level 2), students are expected to be able to:
- analyze clients’ information and assess their needs, constraints and priorities
- integrate the investment planning, asset management, insurance planning, risk management, tax planning and estate planning in personal financial planning through case studies
- construct comprehensive financial plans based on clients’ different needs and objectives
The Certification Education Programme comprises seven modules:
AFP Certification Education Programme (120 hours)
- Personal Financial Planning Basics
- Retirement and Insurance Planning Basics
- Investment Planning Basics
CFP Certification Education Programme (Level 1)
- Investment Planning and Asset Management (40 hours)
- Insurance Planning and Risk Management (40 hours)
- Tax Planning and Estate Planning (40 hours)
CFP Certification Education Programme (Level 2) (40 hours)
- Small class size to maximize learning
- Experienced and qualified lecturers from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, other institutions and industry
- Access to the PolyU library
Professionals who want to acquire or upgrade financial planning techniques to further succeed in their careers.
Completion of secondary school education or mature students with relevant working experience
Full-time lecturers from PolyU or visiting lecturers from IfE
Participants who have fulfilled the minimum 70% attendance requirement and passed the assessments in each module will be awarded a Certificate of Completion issued by the Institute for Entrepreneurship of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Please call us on 3400 2773 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of application and payment procedures.
CFPCM, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM, , TM, AFPTM, ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL PLANNERTM, and are certification marks and / or trademarks owned outside the U.S. by Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong is the marks licensing authority for the CFP marks and AFP marks in Hong Kong and Macau, through agreement with FPSB.
Continuous Professional Development Courses for Insurance and Financial Services Professionals
- Insurance Intermediaries Quality Assurance Scheme (IIQAS)
- Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority (MPFA)
- Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)
We offer Continuous Professional Development (CPD)/Continuing Professional Training (CPT) courses to professionals from the financial services and insurance sectors. They are designed to enhance participants’ knowledge of insurance, MPF, securities and related areas. Successful completion, fulfills the CPD/CPT requirements of IIQAS and/or MPFA and/or SFC necessary for annual license renewal.
Courses are tailor made to best suit the requirements of different companies. We can also submit an application to the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) and the MPFA on behalf of clients. Interested companies are welcome to contact us for a proposal or quotation.
- Tailor-made to cater for the training needs of individuals and companies
- Courses can be conducted on the PolyU campus or at client’s premises
- Flexible schedule with time slots on weekdays or weekends
- Value-added services such as student registration and CPD attendance record handling
Professionals in the fields of insurance, financial services and related areas
All instructors possess a higher degree and/or professional qualifications, relevant industry experience, as well as prior teaching experience in the areas of finance, investments, financial planning, insurance, tax planning, employee benefits, and Mandatory Provident Fund.
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese, supplemented with course materials in Chinese; or English, supplemented with course materials in English.
For any enquiries, please call us on 34002758 or email us at email@example.com.