Trial lawyers are trained with English language skills to persuade people, to communicate arguments and to bring results. In today’s business environment, engineers are essentially doing the same in their daily jobs, but merely doing them without a courtroom setting.
This course aims to introduce to those non-legal engineers, to these set of lawyers skills in enhancing the use of English, understanding business documents and drafting business correspondences.
HKIE Member or engineer
- Practical use of plain legal English
- Useful rules for business presentation preparation and drafting
- Lawyers’ approach in legal writing
- Planning, writing and revising for effective writing
- Lawyers’ approach in oral presentation
- Knowing the audience
- Commonly unnoticed vocabularies with legal implications
- Impressing others and persuading like a lawyer in English
Certificate of Attendance
Medium of Instruction
English (with English material)