Defective works are a common issue in construction contracts, but the law regulating them is becoming more and more complicated.
This seminar will provide an overview and update of the legal aspects concerning defective construction works. It will use case studies to examine the law and its practice, and will highlight areas that those involved need to be alerted to.
HKIE Member or engineer
- Categorization of defects
Overlapping of liabilities
- Architects/ Engineers
- Project Managers, Surveyors & Others
- Defects before completion, at completion & post completion
- Defects & termination of contracts
- Final certificates & claims against defects
Certificate of Attendance
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese (course materials in English)