This seminar provides an overview to the legal essentials for complying with contracts and the consequences for falling to do so. It covers elements such as what makes a construction contract valid and enforceable and what remedies are available in the event of a breach. It provides participants the necessary training for handling contracts in any context, such as in purchasing, sales, servicing and maintenance.
With the construction works getting more complicated in operation, this seminar is tailor-made to meet such needs, introducing participants to insightful cases and legal principles affecting various aspects of construction in Hong Kong and reviewing their legal principles and implications in practice.
HKIE Member or engineer
- Construction contract formation: tender essentials and conditions of contract
- Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance
- Performing contract obligations: time, payment & quality
- Breaches of contract and remedies: rules & quantum
- Resolving construction disputes : DRA, mediation, adjudication & arbitration
- Case review and studies
Certificate of Attendance
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese (course materials in English)