Disputes and claims are a fact of life in the construction industry but it does not make them any easier to deal with. This seminar will explore the salient legal features in construction claims commonly encountered in Hong Kong. It is vital for professionals in the construction industry to be alert to issues in this subject area.
Through an interactive learning approach, this course will involve presentation, discussion and group exercises with illustrations of real life situations and case studies.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Familiar with the various legal issues encountered in construction claims in Hong Kong
- Aware of the potential resolutions to problems arise in contract claims
HKIE Member or engineer
- Construction law and contract claims
- Delay and disruption
- Variation and change orders
- Payments and non-payments
- Bonds and performance security
- Forensic techniques in claim analysis
Certificate of Attendance
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese (course materials in English)