Certified Financial PlannerCM (CFPCM) Certification Education Programme
Upcoming Intake: July 2019
The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong (IFPHK) announced a new designation - Associate Financial Planner (AFP) and revamped the CFP Certification Education Programme in June 2011. The new programme provides a progressive study pathway for students to acquire the new AFP qualification in financial planning industry. There are now 3 levels of programmes and examinations leading to AFP and CFP: the AFP Certification Education Programme, CFP Level 1 Certification Education Programme and CFP Level 2 Certification Education Programme.
To obtain CFP and AFP certification, participants must fulfill the 4E requirements. These are Education, Examination, Experience, and Ethics. The rigorous certification process ensures that CFP and AFP practitioners are highly regarded as they have achieved high standards of competence and ethical practice.
Upon successful completion of CFP Certification Education Programme (Level 1), students are expected to be able to:
- apply asset valuation, risk diversification and portfolio management in personal financial planning
- apply risk management technique in managing personal, property and liability risks; and to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of various kinds of insurance plans in the context of personal financial planning
- grasp the principles, regulatory and legal concepts of taxation and estate planning in Hong Kong; and evaluate advantages and disadvantages of different tax plans and estate plans
Upon successful completion of CFP Certification Education Programme (Level 2), students are expected to be able to:
- analyze clients’ information and assess their needs, constraints and priorities
- integrate the investment planning, asset management, insurance planning, risk management, tax planning and estate planning in personal financial planning through case studies
- construct comprehensive financial plans based on clients’ different needs and objectives
The CFP Certification Education Programme comprises four courses:
CFP Certification Education Programme (Level 1)
- Investment Planning and Asset Management (40 hours)
- Insurance Planning and Risk Management (40 hours)
- Tax Planning and Estate Planning (40 hours)
CFP Certification Education Programme (Level 2)
- Small class size to maximize learning
- Experienced and qualified lecturers from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, other institutions and industry
- Access to the PolyU library
Professionals who want to acquire or upgrade financial planning techniques to further succeed in their careers.
Completion of secondary school education or mature students with relevant working experience
Full-time lecturers from PolyU or visiting lecturers from IfE
Participants who have fulfilled the minimum 70% attendance requirement and passed the assessments in each module will be awarded a Professional Certificate issued by the Institute for Entrepreneurship of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Please call us on 3400 2773 or email us at email@example.com for details of application and payment procedures.
CFPCM, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM, , TM, AFPTM, ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL PLANNERTM, and are certification marks and / or trademarks owned outside the U.S. by Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong is the marks licensing authority for the CFP marks and AFP marks in Hong Kong and Macau, through agreement with FPSB.