The Belt and Road Initiative has opened up a new form of international and regional cooperation. As such, it provides a wide range of opportunities and challenges. By understanding this cross-border venture, Hong Kong professionals will be better placed to take advantage of the business environment in the Belt and Road countries.
Supported by the Commerce and Economic Development Bureau (CEDB) of HKSAR government, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University has launched this programme for the Hong Kong professionals since 2018.
The programme creates a first-ever unique platform to connect the Hong Kong professionals, the Hong Kong and the Chinese Mainland business leaders, as well as the academics from Belt and Road countries. Through a range of workshops, seminars and conferences, more than 2,000 participants have been able to network, share knowledge, exchange views and most importantly, collaborate to pursue the Belt and Road Initiative.
- First ever cross-professional programme designed and delivered by academia and industry experts;
- Authentic case studies shared by renowned Belt and Road professionals in each of the workshops;
- Unique networking opportunities for Hong Kong and Mainland Chinese business leaders, industry experts, professionals who are keen on exploring potential strategic collaboration in the Belt and Road countries.
With its unique design incorporating the professional, industry and country perspectives, the Programme will serve as an inter-disciplinary knowledge platform for professionals in different fields and business leaders in Hong Kong and the mainland to exchange knowledge and experience, thus better capitalising on the opportunities brought about by the Belt and Road Initiative.
Trainers and guest speakers
We have invited PolyU faculty members or Professors of Practice as trainers.
In addition, guest speakers from the list below have been invited to share their insights on specific topic.
- China state-owned enterprises
- Hong Kong listed companies
- International consulting firms
- Consul General of Belt and Road countries
- Representatives from different professional bodies with projects, research findings or insights on Belt and Road Initiatives
All professionals in Hong Kong are welcome to join the programme activities.
Please click here for the latest workshops and activities.
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese, Putonghua and English
A Certificate of Attendance will be given to each participant who has completed the workshop.
Maggie Mok, Project Officer, Institute of Advanced Executive Education, PolyU
Tel: 3400 2652 Email: email@example.com