Associate Financial PlannerTM (AFPTM) Certification Education Programme
Upcoming Intake: To be annouced
The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong (IFPHK) announced a new designation - Associate Financial Planner (AFP) and revamped the CFP Certification Education Programme in June 2011. The new programme provides a progressive study pathway for students to acquire the new AFP qualification in financial planning industry. There are now 3 levels of programmes and examinations leading to AFP and CFP: the AFP Certification Education Programme, CFP Level 1 Certification Education Programme and CFP Level 2 Certification Education Programme.
To obtain CFP and AFP certification, participants must fulfill the 4E requirements. These are Education, Examination, Experience, and Ethics. The rigorous certification process ensures that CFP and AFP practitioners are highly regarded as they have achieved high standards of competence and ethical practice.
Upon successful completion of AFP Certification Education Programme, students are expected to be able to:
- comprehend the knowledge in personal financial planning such as financial management, time value of money, the six-step financial planning approach and code of ethics in financial planning practice
- demonstrate an understanding of the principles in risk management and retirement planning; and explain different types of risks, insurance products, retirement plans, ORSO and MPF system in Hong Kong
- construct a simple investment recommendation based on client’s financial sophistication
AFP Certification Education Programmes (120 hours)
- Personal Financial Planning Basics
- Retirement and Insurance Planning Basics
- Investment Planning Basics
- Small class size to maximize learning
- Experienced and qualified lecturers from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, other institutions and industry
- Access to the PolyU library
Professionals who want to acquire or upgrade financial planning techniques to further succeed in their careers.
Completion of secondary school education or mature students with relevant working experience
Full-time lecturers from PolyU or visiting lecturers from IfE
Participants who have fulfilled the minimum 70% attendance requirement and passed the assessments in each module will be awarded a Professional Certificate issued by the Institute for Entrepreneurship of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Please call us on 3400 2773 or email us at email@example.com for details of application and payment procedures.
CFPCM, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM, , TM, AFPTM, ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL PLANNERTM, and are certification marks and / or trademarks owned outside the U.S. by Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong is the marks licensing authority for the CFP marks and AFP marks in Hong Kong and Macau, through agreement with FPSB.