Wealth managers play a crucial role providing professional financial advice and preparing well-balanced portfolios for high-net-worth clients. They help their clients to achieve financial goals at different stages of their lives and meet wealth succession needs. It is thus important for wealth managers to keep track of the trends and development in the industry, and to equip new skills and knowledge to meet their clients’ financial needs in the competitive market.
Our Wealth Planning training programme is designed to help aspiring and professional wealth managers, with the focus to help participants to understand the needs and values of the high-net-worth clients, cultivate solid customer relationships, build industry expertise and stay ahead in a competitive market.
Modules for your consideration in the Wealth Planning training programme. The modules below can be a complete set, or select the modules as stand-alone courses to suit your target group.
High-net-worth clients usually have many bankers and financial practitioners to look after their wealth portfolios. To gain their trust, it is important for the Wealth Managers to understand the global and local economic environment and more importantly its impacts to their serving groups. This module aims to help participants to understand the latest finance market so that they will be able to share the financial insights with their clients.
- Overview of global financial outlook
- US, Europe and Asia finance market analysis
- Financial planning under different economic cycles for high-net-worth clients
In order to identify potential high-net-worth clients, address their unique needs and serve them more effectively, it would be a great advantage for Wealth Managers to understand the style, investment patterns and values of the high-net-worth clients. More importantly, it is important to understand what services and products you can offer to this group so that you will be able to serve them more effectively and also to expand your client pool.
- Characteristics of high-net-worth client groups
- Service analysis of high-net-worth clients - Matching client with service capabilities
- Identify customer types and identify their needs
- What qualifies as High-Net-Worth clients in Hong Kong and the Mainland?
- High-net-worth customer relationship management
Family office and family trust are some of the most common family succession tools for high-net-worth clients. Wealth managers should be familiar with their pros and cons as well as their legal impacts, in order to incorporate these tools in their clients’ wealth planning effectively.
- Best practice for family legacy planning
- Legal issues to be consider for transferring wealth to the next generation – Will and Enduring Power of Attorney
- Analysis on financial tools for high-net-worth clients - Family Office and Family Trust
- How to combine these tools effectively for high-net-worth clients?
- Case sharing of the rich of the richest
This module will help wealth managers to understand the different financial tools with the focus on insurance and investment products to perform estate, investment and financial planning for the high-net-worth clients. Some common malfunction habits will be highlighted to help participants to evaluate and reflect their own wealth management approaches when serving their clients.
- Financial planning practice for wealth managers
- Insurance and investment tools for wealth market
- Common issues on
- Asset allocation and wealth management vehicles
- Risk management
- Common issues on asset appreciation and growth.
In the highly competitive business environment, high-net-worth customers have choice of companies and people to do business with. This module will focus on a holistic perspective from managing oneself to an impactful presence. The tactical tools you acquire from this module will enrich your mindset and through interactive and inductive learning. Industry scenarios will be shared to embed learnings in accordance with the learning areas below.
- Branding and human connections
- What makes up your personal brand
- Tips to build your personal brand to impress your high-net-worth clients
- Appropriate manners and business etiquette in occasions of high society
- Creating an exclusive customer experience
- Relationship building with high-net-worth clients and their families