Tanzania Leadership Programme
Nurturing Talents for Belt and Road Region
IAEE launched the “Tanzania Leadership Programme” (The Programme) for 100 Tanzanian young professionals in 2019 as part of PolyU’s ongoing effort to support the HKSAR Government’s drive to develop Hong Kong as a facilitator and promoter of the Belt and Road Initiative. The Programme will run in series, each will cater for a cohort of 30 Tanzania young talents. IAEE is also planning to extend similar training to other Belt and Road Countries.
The first cohort was completed in June 2019. Blended with a series of lectures, field visits and networking function, the Programme aims to equip government officials and young professionals from the United Republic of Tanzania with the knowledge to become effective leaders to tackle challenges in their country.
IAEE customises the training content according to the participants’ background in each cohort. In the first cohort, the following lectures, field visits and networking sessions were arranged:
- Manufacturing - “Building a Modernised and Industrialised Green Tanzania”;
- Sustainability - “Building a Vibrant and Sustainable City through Urban Planning”;
- IT - “Planning and Transforming IT Infrastructures to Facilitate International Trade in the Digital Era”;
- Tourism - “Hong Kong's Tourism Infrastructure and Promotion Strategies”; and
- Public Health – “Establishing, Accessing and Assuring Quality Public Health System”.
Field visits and networking
- Textile up-cycling factures and The Mills
- City Gallery
- PolyU House of Innovation and Innohub
- The Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- LSH Catering HK Limited
- Huawei Shenzhen base
- Networking sessions with a wide range of business leaders, professionals and mainland Chinese government officials
Selected Media Coverage:
|RTHK (External Link)|
Interested to know more about the Programme? Talk to us.
Ms Monica CHEN
T: (852) 3400 2738
Remarks: photos marked “Vijana Think Tank” are taken by one of the participants from Vijana Think Tank