The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is now inviting outstanding applicants to apply for the PolyU Presidential PhD Fellowship Scheme for full-time PhD programmes in 2021/22.
- Applicants who apply for the PolyU Presidential PhD Fellowship Scheme shall:
- meet the general entrance requirements for PolyU's PhD programmes;
- meet the English language requirements of PolyU (for applicants who do not have a degree for which English was the language of instruction at a recognized university);
- have obtained a PhD admission offer from a top university in the world (PhD admission offer with a scholarship from a top university is preferred); and
- demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance and research ability (supporting documents should be submitted together with the online application).
Successful applicants will be granted the following scholarship package to support their research study at PolyU and living expenses in Hong Kong:
- PolyU Presidential PhD Scholarship including a tuition fee waiver (HK$42,100 per annum) and a cash award (HK$40,000 in Year 1 and HK$20,000 for the remaining years of the normal study period, subject to satisfactory academic performance);
- Studentship (up to HK$319,200 per annum) and conference attendance grant (up to HK$13,300 per annum), depending on the applicants’ academic and research achievements; and
- Associated Money to cover research-related expenses (HK$20,000 per annum).
* The University reserves the rights of final decision on the offer of scholarship package and its exact provision.
From 1 April to 31 July 2021. Consideration of applications is on rolling basis until all fellowship quotas are filled.
Applicants should submit an online application, including a valid PhD offer letter from a top university and the required supporting documents, via the eAdmission within the application period. Please refer to the Supporting Documents for Application section of PolyU's prospectus for the required supporting documents of individual PhD programmes.
Successful applicants will receive an admission offer from PolyU via email between June and September 2021. Applicants can also check their application status via the eAdmission.
For enquiries related to applications for the PolyU Presidential PhD Fellowship Scheme, please contact:
Academic Registry [email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ tel: (852) 2333 0600]
For other enquiries, please contact:
Graduate School [email: email@example.com/ tel: (852) 3400 3635]
Details of the Scheme in Chinese can be obtained here. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before submitting an online application.