The Collaborative PhD Training Programmes aim to establish collaborative programmes to PhD students, who may obtain a doctoral degree from PolyU and a certificate of completion from partner institution after completion of the necessary programmes and graduation requirements of both institutions.
PolyU has established collaborations with the following institutions for Collaborative PhD Training Programmes:
- EIT Institute for Advanced Study
- Shenzhen University – Applied Mathematics
- Songshan Lake Materials Laboratory
- Southern Marine Science and Engineering Guangdong Laboratory (Zhuhai)
- Southern University of Science and Technology
Prospective students for the Collaborative PhD Training Programme shall be recruited jointly by partner institution and PolyU. Normally, applicants are required to submit their applications to partner institution first. Partner institution will consider and decide on the nominations to PolyU.
For more details, please refer to here.
Fees, Scholarships and Living Expenses
Students are required to spend half of their normal study period at PolyU and half at partner institution. Partner institution will provide stipends to each student during his/her residence at PolyU. The residence requirement of PolyU is 6 consecutive semesters/terms for 4-year programme and 4 consecutive semesters/terms for 3-year programme. Students are also entitled to additional scholarships provided by partner institution according to the policies of partner institution during their residence at partner institution.
- be required to pay the tuition fees as required by the two institutions during their period of study there.
- be required to pay other relevant fees, for example, an examination fee should be paid upon thesis submission. Students failing to submit their thesis by the end of the normal study period will be required to pay a continuation fee at PolyU on a semester/term basis until submission of thesis.
- be able to use Conference Grant provided by PolyU during their studies on condition that they must adhere to the prevailing regulations governing the use of Conference Grant.
- be treated the same as regular research students in terms of student support services provided by PolyU.
Collaborative PhD Training students can apply accommodation in PolyU Student Halls of Residence which is subject to its availability or live outside campus. The Student Affairs Office will provide information to students who need help. During the study period in partner institution, partner institution will provide help.
Award of Degree
Students shall adhere to the curriculum, and meet the degree requirements of PolyU, and fulfill the relevant requirements of partner institution in order to be awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree by PolyU and a certificate of completion by partner institution.
Last update: 3 Nov 2022