The Collaborative PhD Training Programme aims to establish a collaborative programme to PhD students, who may obtain a doctoral degree from PolyU and a certificate of completion from partner institution after completion of the necessary programme and graduation requirements of both institutions.
PolyU has established collaborations with the following institutions for Collaborative PhD Training Programme:
- EIT Institute for Advanced Study
- Shenzhen University – Applied Mathematics
- Songshan Lake Materials Laboratory
- Southern Marine Science and Engineering Guangdong Laboratory (Zhuhai)
- Southern University of Science and Technology
Prospective students for the Collaborative PhD Training Programme shall be recruited jointly by partner institution and PolyU. Students should fulfil the University’s entrance and English language requirements for admission to research postgraduate programmes.
Please refer to this link for general entrance requirements and English language requirements of PolyU.
Normally, applicants are required to submit their applications to partner institution first. Partner institution will consider all applications and decide on the nominations to PolyU. All selected nominees should be forwarded to the Academic Registry of PolyU for coordination with the relevant academic departments of PolyU for initial screening. Qualified applicants should submit online applications via eAdmission with all of the supporting documents (e.g. academic transcripts, academic credentials (毕业证书), degree certificates (学位证书), GSB/1A Research Proposal) to PolyU.
Programme details, application deadlines and related information are available here.
Fees, Scholarships and Living Expenses
Partner institution will provide a studentship to each student during his/her residence at PolyU. The residence requirement of PolyU is 6 consecutive semesters/terms for 4-year programme and 4 consecutive semesters/terms for 3-year programme. Students are also entitled to additional scholarships or bursaries provided by partner institution according to the policies of partner institution during their residence at partner institution.
- be required to pay the tuition fees as required by the two institutions during their period of study there.
- be required to pay other relevant fees, for example, an examination fee should be paid upon thesis submission. Students failing to submit their thesis by the end of the normal study period will be required to pay a continuation fee at PolyU on a semester/term basis until submission of thesis.
- be able to use Conference Grant provided by PolyU during their studies on condition that they must adhere to the prevailing regulations governing the use of Conference Grant.
- be treated the same as regular research students in terms of student support services provided by PolyU.
Collaborative PhD Training students can apply accommodation in PolyU Student Halls of Residence which is subject to its availability or live outside campus. The Student Affairs Office will provide information to students who need help. During the study period in partner institution, partner institution will provide help.
Award of Degree
Students shall adhere to the curriculum, and meet the degree requirements of PolyU, and fulfill the relevant requirements of partner institution in order to be awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree by PolyU and a certificate of completion by partner institution.
Last update: 20 Jan 2021