The year 2022 marks the 85th Anniversary of PolyU. The Graduate School (GS) will organise the PolyU Graduate School Outstanding Research Postgraduate (RPg) Alumni Award to publicly recognise our distinguished PhD/ MPhil alumni’s distinctive accomplishments and impactful contributions to the professions, research and entrepreneurship.
Eligible Candidates and Proposers
The candidate must be a bona fide graduate who has successfully completed a full-time or part-time research postgraduate programme (PhD/ MPhil) offered by PolyU (or its forerunner Hong Kong Polytechnic) which led to an academic award accredited by the respective Institution. RPg candidates of current year or previous RPg recipients of any PolyU Department or Faculty Alumni Award can also be nominated to the Outstanding RPg Alumni Award.
The proposers can be PolyU graduates, Honorary Graduates, University Fellows, PolyU staff, current PolyU Council and Court members and current Advisory Committee members. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. However, the proposer cannot be the candidate himself/ herself or a direct relative of the candidate.
There are two categories of awards. In addition to the Outstanding RPg Alumni Award to honour the distinguished alumni who have graduated over ten years, an Early Career stream is designed to recognise those exemplary graduates who received a research postgraduate degree from PolyU within the past ten years.
- PolyU Graduate School Outstanding Research Postgraduate Alumni Award
- PolyU Graduate School Outstanding Early Career Research Postgraduate Alumni Award
(Notes: The bestowal of an award is subject to the individual merits of candidates. No award shall be given out in a certain category if no suitable candidate is identified.)
A panel of judges, comprising both internal and external members, will be formed to examine the nominations and assess candidates’ qualifications and performance for the awards. The selection criteria include:
- Accomplishments, recognition and reputation in the profession/ industry/ community
- Scholarly and research achievements and impact
- Innovation and development of the business or technology venture
Nominations to University Award
All RPg awardees of the current year may be further nominated by GS to the Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award (OPAA), an overall selection of candidates among all other PolyU Faculties and Schools, except those who have been awarded OPAA before.
Nomination and Selection Schedule
- Nomination period: From now till 21 February 2022
- Nomination verification: By mid-March 2022
- Selection and judging: By 30 April 2022
- Announcement of results: By 31 May 2022
- Awards presentation: To be announced in due course
Submission of Nomination
Please download the Nomination Form and submit together with the following materials to email@example.com by 21 February 2022 (Monday). Files in each email should not exceed 10 MB. If the attachments are over 10 MB, please send in separate emails or provide a hyperlink for download.
- A recent passport photo of the candidate
- A photocopy of the candidate’s certificate(s) and award(s)
- A portfolio or other supplementary documents that indicate the candidate’s accomplishments/ reputation in the profession/ industry, or research achievements and impact, or entrepreneurship/ technology venture, in written format
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Tel: 2766 5026