- a government-funded university in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China;
- a long and proud history of providing internationally competitive professionally oriented education;
- a strong team of academic staff with solid experience in supervising research postgraduate students;
- many of our Chair Professors/Professors being internationally leading experts in their research areas.
We conduct world-class research in a large number of areas and our research emphasizes high application value. Our ideas have made the world we live in a better place.
- tuition waiver scholarship for the entire normal study period;
- cash award of HK$40,000 (~US$5,120) in the first year, and HK$20,000 (~US$2,560) from the second year to end of normal study period;
- guaranteed hall accommodation for 2 years; and
- the 4th year stipend with the same provision is only applicable for awardees with a four-year normal study period.
- a monthly stipend of HK$26,900 (~US$3,450) for 3 years; and
- a yearly allowance of HK$13,500 (~US$1,730) for conference and research related travel allowance for 3 years.
|School of Hotel and Tourism Management||
|Faculty of Construction and Environment||
|Faculty of Business||
|Faculty of Engineering||
|School of Design||
|Faculty of Applied Science and Textiles||
|Faculty of Health and Social Sciences||
|Faculty of Humanities||
Note: Source of Rankings: (i) ShanghaiRanking 2021; (ii) QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021; (iii) Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 by Subject
Please refer to this link for PolyU's performance in a selection of international league tables over the past years.
|Academic Ranking of World Universities||301-400||201-300||201-300||201-300||201-300|
|Best Global Universities Rankings||217||240||234||225||200|
|QS World University Rankings||116||111||95||106||91||75|
|QS University Rankings: Asia||27||29||27||31||25|
|QS Top 50 Under 50||6||6||6||7||8||6|
|Ranking of Top Universities in Greater China||26||24||20||17|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings||201-250||192||182||159||171|
|Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings||22||17||19||20||24|
|Times Higher Education Asia-Pacific University Rankings||-||27||27||28|
|Times Higher Education Young University Rankings||27||20||18||15||19|
Located in one of the most fascinating cities in the world, Hong Kong is literally a gateway to the Chinese mainland and living here will offer wonderful opportunities to travel to China as well as the rest of Asia. Our campus is strategically located right in the heart of Hong Kong with easy access to key districts and major attractions. The Hung Hom Railway Station, next to the campus, is the gateway for trains departing for Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing and beyond.
Our campus is equipped with many world-class facilities to facilitate the learning needs of our students. These include:
In addition to academic facilities, the campus also provides students with accommodation, sports and recreational facilities, and a full range of campus services including cafés, restaurants, banks and a bookstore. Our new campus developments provide an additional net floor area of 25,600m2 for teaching and research purposes, extra facilities and 1,650 hostel places.