Outbound Exchange Students
Current students may have the opportunity to go on exchange to one of our partner universities for one or two semesters. Below are some of our prominent University and Faculty exchange partners:
- Osnabrück University(Germany)
- Delft University of Technology (Netherlands)
- Mälardalen University (Sweden)
- Aston University (UK)
- Imperial College London (UK)
- Loughborough University (UK)
- The University of Manchester (UK)
- University of Leeds (UK)
- Oxford Brookes University (UK)
- The University of Birmingham (UK)
- University of Surrey (UK)
- University of Calgary (Canada)
- University of New Brunswick (Canada)
- University of Waterloo (Canada)
- North Carolina State University (USA)
- The University of Illinois at Chicago (USA)
- University of Florida (USA)
- University of Maryland (USA)
- Curtin University (Australia)
- Queensland University of Technology (Australia)
- University of New South Wales (Australia)
- University of Technology Sydney (Australia)
- The University of Western Australia
- Chongqing University (China)
- Tongji University (China)
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Wuhan University (China)
- Central South University (China)
- National Taiwan University (Taiwan)
- National Cheng Kung University (Taiwan)
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (Korea)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
PolyU’s International Student Exchange Sponsorships and Hardship Funds
Current students going on student exchanges can apply for PolyU’s International Student Exchange Sponsorships and Hardship Funds to support their living costs during exchange overseas. To learn more about the University’s financial assistance, please click here.
FCE Outbound Exchange Scholarships
On top of the University’s financial assistance, the Faculty provides Outbound Exchange Scholarships (OES) to students currently enrolled in its Bachelor level programmes to support them in outbound exchange programmes.
Each OES ranges from HK$ 3,000 to HK$ 7,000 depending on the destination.
|Mainland China||HK$ 3,000|
|Asia (excluding Mainland China)||HK$ 5,000|
To be eligible, students must meet all of the following conditions:
- students have been enrolled in any of our full-time undergraduate (Bachelor’s level) UGC- funded programmes;
- the minimum cumulative GPA is preferably 3.0 or above (unless special approval from the Faculty has been granted);
- the exchange period is at least one semester long;
- the exchange programme is organized by CMAO, IAO, FCE or the host department;
- students do not accept any other student exchange scholarship (unless special approval from the Faculty has been granted). Information on other scholarships should be provided for approval if necessary; and
- each student can only be offered the FCE student exchange scholarship once during his/her undergraduate study.
*Students can still apply for the outbound exchange sponsorship and hardship fund from the University.
Interested students should submit the application form and the other required information to their host departments. The application form can be downloaded from the Faculty Student Intranet: https://www2.polyu.edu.hk/fce/student-internal/intranet/
Selection of Awardees
Awardees will be selected by their host departments based on their academic performance and the interview performance if an interview is held. Higher priority will be given to students who join student exchanges in Semester 1 and Semester 2.
The above information is subject to review and change. The Faculty reserves the right to change or withdraw the scholarship at any time. In case of any dispute/disagreement, FCE’s decision is final.