No. In fact, most of our students don't have a business undergraduate degree.
We require a minimum of four years' working experience in a managerial or professional capacity. However, on the average, our students have more than 10 years' working experience when they join the programme.
GMAT is not compulsory for the MBA programme. We are interested in recruiting managers and professionals who have leadership potential in their areas of interest.
We have a quota for admissions. Early applications are strongly encouraged. For details, please click here.
Yes, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview. Please click here for interview schedule(s).
After receipt of a completed application and an interview, a decision is made normally within two weeks. Wait-list candidates will be considered for any place available.
Students are eligible to apply for the Government Non-Means-Tested Loan Scheme, which offers assistance to local full-time and part-time students on government-funded or self-financed programmes, in the form of loans to cover tuition fees. An administration fee and a relatively higher interest rate are charged. Details can be obtained from the Student Affairs Office.
- We don't encourage exemption or credit transfer because we want students to complete the full programme together. However, students may be eligible for a credit transfer from some programme requirements if they have completed relevant postgraduate studies at a university, polytechnic or post-secondary institution. Normally, not more than 50 per cent of the required number of credits for an academic award at PolyU can be transferred.
- Subject to an administrative fee, application for a credit transfer will only be considered when student is enrolled on the programme. The validity period of credits earned is normally eight years from the year of attainment, i.e. the year in which the subject was completed. And, there is a limit on number of credits (normally 6 credits) that can be transferred for the MBA programme.
The MBA programme operates on a credit-based system. Payment for the subjects registered by a student should be made according to the following schedule:
- For Semester 1 and Semester 2: to pay an initial fee of 3 credits at the start of Semester 1 (around September) and Semester 2 (around January); and to pay the remaining tuition fee about 5 weeks after the commencement of the respective semesters.
- For Summer Term: to pay the tuition fee after the add/drop period (around June).
Course members (students and professors) are able to communicate through a variety of technologies including Internal-based software. For example, we are currently using Blackboard as a means for communication. Course members may keep in touch with one another from any computer in the world as long as they have an Internet connection and a web browser.
(852) 2766 7047 / (852) 2766 4240
Your browser is not the latest version. If you continue to browse our website, Some pages may not function properly.
You are recommended to upgrade to a newer version or switch to a different browser. A list of the web browsers that we support can be found here