Entrance Year Sept 2022
Programme Code 02017
Mode of Study Full-time
Normal Duration 1 year
Credits Required for Graduation 39
Local Application Deadline 15 Jul 2022
Non-Local Application Deadline 10 Jun 2022
Programme Director Deputy Programme Director
Prof. Hung, Yick-Hin
BSc, MSc, MEcon, PhD
Dr Hui, Pun-zee Pamsy
BA (UCLA), PhD (UT Austin)
Deputy Programme Director
- This programme is offered within the Master of Business and Management Scheme.
- The programme provides three specialisms:
- Master of Business Administration (Aviation)
- Master of Business Administration (Fashion)
- Master of Business Administration (Innovation and Design)
- Master of Business Administration (Aviation)
- Students will be admitted to the MBA (with a generic award). Students can choose to graduate with a specialism upon fulfilment of the specialism requirements.
- Duration of Study: Students who wish to extend their studies beyond the normal duration can submit such a request to the Research and Postgraduate Studies Section of the Faculty of Business for consideration.
Aims and Characteristics
- Developing general managers since 1990
- Constantly reviewing curriculum to meet current and long-term needs
- Equipping students with theoretical concepts and practical applications
- Enabling students to make critical judgements and informed decisions
- Preparing young graduates and managers to contribute to their organizations and industries
- Offering three optional specialisms in Aviation, Fashion, and Innovation and Design
- Allowing students to complete the programme in one academic year
- Raising awareness of the applications and implications of the latest technologies to practices and decisions in business
The PolyU Full-time MBA programme is a general management programme targeting recent graduates and young managers, whom it offers the opportunity to develop speciality areas in various streams.
The programme strengthens students' knowledge, skills and intellectual abilities as defined in the broad learning outcomes, underpinned by the specific learning objectives below.
Critical and Creative Thinking
Learning objective (a): To analyse business cases and solve business problems by applying concepts and techniques in a critical manner. Demonstrate an understanding on the applications and implications of the latest technologies to practices and decisions in business issues.
Learning objective (b): To integrate concepts and provide creative solutions to business problems.
Learning objective: To communicate reasoned arguments effectively, both in speech and in writing.
Learning objective: To demonstrate an understanding of human behaviour and the ability to influence others to achieve common goals.
Learning objective: To adopt a global outlook and an understanding of cultural diversity, globalisation and their implications for business in the latest technological environment.
Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability
Learning objective: Learning objective: To develop an understanding of issues surrounding ethics, social responsibility and sustainable development pertaining to the context of general management with respect to the applications of the latest technologies in business contexts.
This programme prepares recent graduates and young managers to solve real-world management problems. The structure is intensive, comprehensive and well-designed. Taught by experienced and committed teaching staff, the programme provides students with exceptionally good value.
This programme builds on the knowledge and skills that participants have developed during their careers. In the Core Subjects, a broad managerial perspective is adopted, whilst the more specialised Elective Subjects are designed to suit the particular needs of participants and their current and future employers.
Overall, the programme seeks to serve the general management needs of all participants while permitting some specialisation in areas of particular relevance to some students.
Technological Element in the Curriculum
To help students embrace technological changes and digital transformation, five elements, namely Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Data Science, and Entrepreneurship, have been embedded across a wide range of subjects.
Our curriculum is aimed at fostering awareness about the impact of technology innovations in addition to enabling students to handle data and adopt technology to tackle business and organizational issues while enhancing management and leadership.
Messages from Students
With PolyU's 30 years of experience in preparing future generations with the skills and knowledge needed to become capable managers, I knew it will be the right place to help me achieve my goals.
PolyU MBA offers an excellent opportunity for me to gain extensive and valuable knowledge in business management, and it also allows me to broaden my experience and skills in finding feasible solutions and making business decisions professionally.