Entrance Year Sept 2022
Programme Code JS3240
Mode of Study Full-time
Fund Type Government-Funded
Programme Leader Associate Programme Leader
Dr Max Diaz
Dr Phoenix Lam
Associate Programme Leader
- To recognise the outstanding academic performance of HKDSE students, the Faculty of Humanities will grant entry scholarship to eligible HKDSE students admitted to the programme via JUPAS. The award criteria for the scholarship are in the information sheet.
- Students will be awarded the following award upon successful completion of the graduation requirements:
- BA (Hons) in English and Applied Linguistics
- The option of Secondary Major in AI and Data Analytics is available to the students of BA (Hons) in English and Applied Linguistics. Admission to the Secondary Major is on competitive basis and subject to a different credit requirement for graduation. Please see “Secondary Major Details” section.
Aims and Characteristics
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Programme in English and Applied Linguistics (BAEAL) aims to nurture graduates with the abilities/attributes needed to become competent English language professionals and responsible global citizens in the 21st century. Our programme aims to nurture graduates:
- a high level of competence of English
- a sound understanding of the theoretical disciplines underlying applied English language studies and the integrated use of language; and
- the strong ability to apply their knowledge and generic linguistics skills in a variety of professional communication contexts.
Top Rankings with Global Recognition
What are English and Applied Linguistics?
- Build your practical skills and subject knowledge
- Increase your career opportunities as you become a proficient and confident English user
- Develop your ability to communicate professionally across media and contexts
- Satisfy your curiosity about languages and cultures