Entrance Year Sept 2023
Programme Code JS3240
Mode of Study Full-time
Fund Type Government-Funded
Programme Leader Associate Programme Leader
Dr Max Diaz
Dr Phoenix Lam
Associate Programme Leader
- Students will be awarded the following degree upon completion of the graduation requirements:
- BA (Hons) in English and Applied Linguistics
- Students studying towards this degree have the option of a Secondary Major in AI and Data Analytics. Admission to this Secondary Major is on a competitive basis and subject to different credit requirements for graduation, as laid out in the “Secondary Major Details” section.
- The Faculty of Humanities will grant entry scholarships to HKDSE students with outstanding academic performance who are admitted to the programme via JUPAS. The award criteria for these scholarships can be found in the information sheet.
Aims and Characteristics
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Programme in English and Applied Linguistics (BAEAL) aims to nurture graduates with the abilities/attributes needed to become competent English language professionals and responsible global citizens in the 21st century. Our programme aims to nurture graduates:
- a high level of competence of English
- a sound understanding of the theoretical disciplines underlying applied English language studies and the integrated use of language; and
- the strong ability to apply their knowledge and generic linguistics skills in a variety of professional communication contexts.
Top Rankings with Global Recognition
What are English and Applied Linguistics?
- Build your practical skills and subject knowledge
- Increase your career opportunities as you become a proficient and confident English user
- Develop your ability to communicate professionally across media and contexts
- Satisfy your curiosity about languages and cultures