Education and Academic Qualifications
- MA in Applied Linguistics, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BA (Cum Laude) in English Literature and Political Science, State University of New York at Binghamton
Academic and Professional Experiences
- Teaching Fellow, Department of English and Communication, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2021-present)
- Lecturer, English Language Teaching Unit, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (2019-2021)
- Assistant Lecturer, English Language Teaching Unit, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (2014-2019)
- Visiting Professor, KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) (2013-2014)
- Corpus Linguistics
- English for Academic/Specific Purposes
- English Grammar
- Social Media
- Computer-mediated Communication
- Discourse Analysis
- Lu, R. (2019, June). Code-switching in educational contexts. 6th International Conference on Education, Social Sciences and Humanities, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Yeung, P.H., Rozendaal, C.M., Lu, R. (2019, May). Adopting English Across the Curriculum (EAC) in higher Education: A case study of language interventions for engineering students in a Hong Kong university. ELTU Conference 2019, Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Diaz, M., & Lu, R. (2019, May). Integration of WhatsApp for in-service EFL/ESL teacher training: Observations for the Hong Kong context. International Research Conference on Education, Language and Literatures (IRCEELT 2019), Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Lu, R. (2018, May). A case study on turn-taking spoken discourse marker usage. IISES 3rd Arts & Humanities Conference, Barcelona, Spain.
- Lu, R., & Xie. J. (2016, June). Teaching of discourse markers: How to return to a prior topic. The European Conference on Language Learning (ECLL2016), Brighton, United Kingdom.
- Lu, R. (2016, April). The resumptive marker “so” – Instances of use and pedagogical impacts. 2016 Amsterdam International Education & Social Sciences Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Faculty of Arts, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (2021)
- Teaching Excellence Award, English Language Teaching Unit, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (2021)
- Teaching Excellence Award, English Language Teaching Unit, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (2017)