Dr Wang is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (HK PolyU). He obtained his PhD degree in 2016 from the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. After that, he worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow sequentially in NTU, HK PolyU and the M2P2 Lab, CNRS, France. He received his bachelor and master degrees from the School of Mechatronics Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China.
Dr Wang’s research interests focus on a variety of topics involving Newtonian/Non-Newtonian fluid flow, multi-phase and multi-component flow, low-Reynolds number flow and etc. He is particularly interested in studying bio-inspired and engineering-based fluid-structure interaction problems through computational modelling. His work has been published in top-tier journals in physics and fluid mechanics, such as Physical Review Letters, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Physical Review Fluids, Physics of Fluids and Journal of Fluids and Structures. He is a member of the American Physical Society, and also serves as a reviewer for several high-quality journals.
- C. Wang*, S. Gsell, U. D’Ortona and J. Favier, Generalized-Newtonian Fluid Transport by an Instability-Driven Cilium, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 965, A6, 2023.
- O. Mesdjian, C. Wang*, S. Gsell, U. D’ortona, J. Favier, A. Viallat, and E. Loiseau*, Longitudinal to Transverse Metachronal Wave Transitions in an In Vitro Model of Ciliated Bronchial Epithelium. Physical Review Letters, 129(3), 038101, 2022.
- C. Wang, F. Ren, and H. Tang, Enhancing Propulsion Performance of a Flexible Heaving Foil through Dynamically Adjusting Its Flexibility, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 14, 064002, 2019.
- F. Ren, C. Wang, and H. Tang, Active Control of Vortex-Induced Vibration of a Circular Cylinder Using Machine Learning, Physics of Fluids, 31, 093601, 2019.
- C. Wang, and H. Tang, On the Aeroelastic Energy Transfer From a Lamb Dipole to a Flexible Cantilever, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 86, 170-184, 2019.
- C. Wang, and H. Tang, Enhancement of Aerodynamic Performance of a Flapping Airfoil Using Synthetic-Jet Based Active Flow Control, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 13, 046005, 2018.
- C. Wang, H. Tang, S. Yu, and F. Duan, Lock-on of Vortex Shedding to a Pair of Synthetic Jets with Phase Difference, Physical Review Fluids, 2, 104701, 2017.
- C. Wang, H. Tang, S. Yu, and F. Duan, Control of Vortex-Induced Vibration Using a Pair of Synthetic Jets: Influence of Active Lock-on, Physics of Fluids, 29, 083602, 2017.
- C. Wang, H. Tang, S. Yu, and F. Duan, Active Control of Vortex-Induced Vibrations of a Circular Cylinder Using Windward-Suction-Leeward-Blowing Actuation, Physics of Fluids, 28, 053601, 2016.
- C. Wang, H. Tang, F. Duan, and S. Yu, Control of Wakes and Vortex-Induced Vibrations of a Single Circular Cylinder Using Synthetic Jets, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 60, 160-179, 2016.