The English Language Centre's
25th Anniversary Showcase!!!
Featuring outrageous stand-up comedy, spine-chilling drama, mouth-watering popcorn, brain-challenging treasure hunts and a host of…
entertaining lunchtime onstage events!
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
So, make a date in your diary for :
Popcorn Tuesday 30 January - 11.00 to 3.00 pm
11.00 am The Opening Ceremony with...
Words of wisdom from our President! Culture from William Shakespeare! The PolyU's very own String Quartet! And much, much more!!
From 12.00 - 3.00 pm Booths, Displays, Popcorn, Games, and Events including a teasing, trailer of tension gripping mystification from the Drama Club and the ELC’s very own uproariously hilarious stand-up comedian, the Amazing Abdo!
Ice Cream Wednesday 31 January - 12.00 to 3.00 pm
The ELC’s incredible 3-Minute Thesis Promo
followed by crazy onstage madness with Chat Corner Special,
plus the Daily Treasure Hunt!
and not forgetting everyone’s favourite –ICE CREAM!
Waffle Thursday 1 February - 12.00 to 3.00 pm
The ELC’s in-house literary publication Inscribe together with the ELC’s Reading Club present an in-depth, incisive, intensively intelligent interview when the PolyU writers of the future take on the ELC’s writer of the past.
If you love reading!
If you love writing!
If you love Egg Waffles!
Sit down with a ‘Gai Daan Jai’ and be prepared to be inspired!
So, if you know what’s good for you and you want to…
- learn about the amazing contribution the ELC makes to the PolyU
- find out how you can film in Tanzania or teach in Cambodia with the ELC
- sign up for the ELC’s Writing Assistance Programme+
- practice your job interview skills
- check out all the ELC’s extra curricula activities
- discover what you can do at the Centre for Independent Language Learning
- see how the ELC contributes to the broader Hong Kong community
- unearth the secrets behind the ELC’s outstanding research projects
... don’t miss this unique event and kick off the new semester with a celebration of what makes the ELC so special!