Title: Orientation to University Learning and Teaching (OULT)
Coordinator: Barbara Tam (EDC)
Online Programme for PolyU Part-time Teachers who are New to Teaching
(NOT FOR New full-time staff who are required by policy to attend IUT (those need to attend the Blended IUT )
Online briefing session on 8 Oct 2020, 11:00 am – 12:00 nn Online modules on 8 - 22 Oct 2020 (Apply by 5 Oct 2020, 12:00 nn) Registration will be closed once available places are filled
• (NOT FOR) New full-time staff who are required by policy to attend training (those need to attend Blended IUT)
• New teachers who have responsibiliites in supporting teaching and learning are welcome to enroll
• New staff who are interested in student learning are also welcome to enroll
WHY, WHAT & WHEN?
• PolyU places high value on good teaching. OUTT is an experiential programme designed to get you off to a good start.
• The titles of the modules and the schedule of the programme are given below.
• Online Briefing Session
Date: 8 Oct 2020 (Thu)
Time: 11.00 am – 12.00 nn
1. Active Learning from the Start
2. Who Comes to PolyU?
3. Planning & Preparing for Active Learning
4. Engaging Students in the Classroom
5. Essentials of Assssment
6. Managing Behavior in the Active Classroom
Date: 8 Oct 2020 (Thu) - 22 Oct 2020 (Thu)
Register online at: https://eldss.edc.polyu.edu.hk/ams/reg_oult.aspx
Please apply by 5 Oct 2020 (12.00 nn).
Registration will be closed once available places are filled.
To receive the Certificate of Attendance you must:
• Attend the pre-programme briefing session
• Attend all online modules (8 hours)