In recognition of their distinguished accomplishments and contributions, PolyU bestowed honorary doctorates upon five prominent figures at its 21st Congregation held on 14 November, presided over by Council Chairman Ms Marjorie Yang Mun-tak and President Prof. Timothy W. Tong. They were:
- Dr David C. Chang, Professor Emeritus of New York University Tandon School of Engineering, and Chairman and CEO of Global Maximum Educational Opportunities, Inc.;
- Mr Ho Kwon Ping, Founder and Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree Holdings;
- Professor Gang Pei, President of Tongji University;
- Professor Dame Alison Richard, former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cambridge and Senior Research Scientist of Yale University; and
- Mr John Slosar, Chairman of Swire Pacific Limited.
This year, the University conferred a total of 11,226 academic honours. Details>>