This page lists talks and poster presentations of studies that have not yet been published as journal papers. Posters and presentations which have since been superseded by journal papers are listed with their corresponding papers here.
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Ka Keung Lee, & Julie Siying Chen (2021). A failure to replicate the Ganong effect for tone continua. 2nd Words in the World Conference, Montreal, Canada (online).
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Katrina Connell, Lei Pan, & Yu-Yin Hsu (2019). Mandarin third tone sandhi may be incompletely neutralizing in perception as well as production. 19th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences, Melbourne, Australia.
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Lei Pan, Jueyao Lin, & Ka Keung Lee (2019). Cross-linguistic differences in long-lag priming. 2nd Hanyang International Symposium on Phonetics and Cognitive Sciences of Language, Seoul, South Korea.
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Lei Pan, & Jueyao Lin (2018). Mandarin monosyllables trigger long-lag identity priming but not long-lag morphological priming. 1st Hanyang International Symposium on Phonetics and Cognitive Sciences of Language, Seoul, South Korea and LabPhon 16, Lisbon, Portugal (2nd version)
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Katrina Connell, & Yu-Yin Hsu (2018). Third-tone sandhi is incompletely neutralizing in perception as well as production: evidence from visual world eye-tracking. 1st Hanyang International Symposium on Phonetics and Cognitive Sciences of Language, Seoul, South Korea.
- Cheung, Candice Chi-Hang, Stephen Politzer-Ahles, Gordon King Man Cheung, Harmony Hiu Marn Choi, Lydia Tsz Wai Lai, Man Tak Leung, & Tempo Po Yi Tang (2017). Knowledge of presupposition triggers in Cantonese-speaking children with and without autism spectrum disorders. 62nd Annual Conference of the International Linguistic Association. Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Seth Wiener, & Caicai Zhang (2017). Predictive tones facilitate Mandarin lexical identification: evidence from ERPs. 1st International Conference on Theoretical East Asian Psycholinguistics. Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Husband, E. Matthew, & Stephen Politzer-Ahles (2016). Coercing events or inserting structure? Eye-tracking evidence for a distinction between semantic and syntactic enrichment. Architectures and Mechanisms in Language Processing. Bilbao, Spain.
- Bovolenta, Giulia, Stephen Politzer-Ahles, & E. Matthew Husband (2016). Differential ERPs to local vs. global prediction failures. 29th CUNY Conference on Human Sentence Processing. Gainesville, United States.
- Berkson, Kelly, & Stephen Politzer-Ahles (2015). Phonation type contrasts and vowel quality in Marathi. 169th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America. Pittsburgh, United States. (Further information is available in a published paper by Kelly Berkson extending this work.)
- Fiorentino, Robert, Stephen Politzer-Ahles, & Ke Liao (2015). Morpheme-based combinatorial processing of English compounds: evidence from magnetoencephalography and lexical decision. 22nd Cognitive Neuroscience Society Annual Meeting. San Francisco, United States.
- Tucker, Matthew, Stephen Politzer-Ahles, Joseph King, & Diogo Almeida (2014). Agreement attraction in the neural language system. 20th Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing Conference (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) and 6th Neurobiology of Language Conference (Amsterdam, Netherlands).
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Robert Fiorentino, Jeffrey Durbin, & Lillian Li (2014). The role of working memory in the online realization of scalar inferences. 27th CUNY Conference on Human Sentence Processing. Columbus, United States.
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, & Robert Fiorentino (2013b). Sensitivity of online scalar inferencing to context and to processing load. 5th Biennial Experimental Pragmatics Conference. Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Xiaoming Jiang, Robert Fiorentino, & Xiaolin Zhou (2012b). Individual differences in logical ability predict ERP responses to underinformative sentences. 4th Neurobiology of Language Conference. San Sebastian, Spain.
- Fiorentino, Robert, Stephen Politzer-Ahles, Elena-Anda Popescu, & Mihai Popescu (2011). The role of morphological juncture identification in complex word processing: an MEG investigation. 41st Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting. Washington, United States.
- Politzer-Ahles, Stephen, Lei Pan, & Jueyao Lin (2018). No long-lag morphological priming for Mandarin monosyllables. AMLaP - Asia. Hyderabad, India.
- Tucker, Matthew, Stephen Politzer-Ahles, Joseph King, & Diogo Almeida (2015). Errors in the brain: magneto- and electroencephalographic evidence from English agreement. 89th Linguistic Society of America Annual Meeting. Portland, United States.