Dr Timothy Lee
Research Assistant Professor
Explore different imaging modalities for clinical musculoskeletal procedures
Dr. Lee is a Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Biomedical Engineering in The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He received his BEng degree in Medical Engineering from The University of Hong Kong and MSc degree in Biomedical Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2010 and 2011, respectively. He then acquired his MPhil and PhD degrees in 2014 and 2019, respectively in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Before his appointment as a Research Assistant Professor, he served as a Research Associate and Postdoctoral Fellow in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.With Dr. Lee’s strong research background on spine imaging using 3D ultrasound and radiography, his recent works involved clinical validation of ultrasound on the evaluation of coronal and sagittal curvatures and axial vertebrae rotation, investigation of curvature coupling and progression on individuals with idiopathic scoliosis, and alternation of spinal curvature in different clinical position and limb postures. Currently, Dr Lee aims to continue his research on 3D ultrasound imaging in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of idiopathic scoliosis as well as for spine problems of elders, meanwhile explores the possibility of different imaging modalities on various musculoskeletal procedures.
Education and Academic Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- M.Phil. in Biomedical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- M.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- B.Eng. in Medical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong
Academic and Professional Experiences
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 09/2019 – 02/2022
- Research Associate, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 04/2019 – 10/2019
- Research Assistant, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 04/2018 – 04/2019
- 3D Ultrasound Imaging for Scoliosis Screening, Progression Monitoring and Prediction, Treatment Optimization and Outcome Measure. 1st International Symposium - "Current Trends in Research on Scoliosis and Other Spinal Deformities”, 2019.
- 3D ultrasound imaging for scoliosis diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment outcome measurement. In Session: Advances in Endoscopic Surgery for Spinal Stenosis; Multi-specialty Medical Mega Conference, 2019.