- Adjudicates and makes decisions on behalf of the President on cases concerning the conduct and discipline of students, including those cases related to academic misconduct. These decisions being final within the University.
- Provides Departments with guidelines on how disciplinary cases should be dealt with.
- Receives for record purposes student disciplinary decision made by Departments.
Please click here for the Terms of Reference and Composition of the SDC.
- Monitors the implementation of the University's Quality Assurance framework, including the safeguarding of academic standards underpinned by academic integrity, as approved by Senate, and their associated policies and processes.
- Formulates and reviews the quality assurance policies and processes pertaining to academic departments for approval by Senate.
- Promotes the sharing of experience and good practices across academic departments and provides a forum for the discussion of matters relating to quality assurance, performance measurement, and related issues.
Please click here for the Terms of Reference and Composition of the QAC(AD).
- Receives reports from the investigation panels at Faculty level regarding alleged academic misconduct of RPg students and passes cases to the SDC for adjudication and decision, as deemed necessary.
- For academic misconduct which is related to research, the IPI will be appointed by Vice President (Research and Innovation) or his / her delegate. For academic misconduct not related to research, the IPI will be appointed by Deputy President and Provost or his/her delegate.
- For the disciplinary procedures in handling substantiated misconduct cases involving graduates, the President or his / her delegate may set up an ad hoc disciplinary committee to decide on the disciplinary action to be taken against the graduate (as the Student Discipline Committee (SDC) only deliberates on cases concerning students, the SDC cannot adjudicate on cases involving graduates). If it is decided by the ad hoc disciplinary committee that the award of qualification should be rescinded, the ad hoc committee should submit the recommendation to the President for onward submission to Senate for approval.
Please click here for the Terms of Reference and Composition of the IPI in the Appendix I to Section D in the "Handbook on Academic Regulations for Taught Programmes".