Dr ZHU Shimin 朱詩敏博士
MEd (South China Normal)
BS (South China Normal)
Psychology of adolescents
Family and youth
(subject teaching in coming year):
Foundations in Behavioral and Social Sciences II
Psychology of Interpersonal Relationship
Psychology of adolescents: Self and motivation
Youth mental health
Social psychology: Facing uncertainty
Peer Review Journal Papers
(* corresponding author)
- Li, L., Zhu, S., Tse, N., Tse, S., & Paul, W.(in press) Effectiveness of motivational interviewing for adolescents with psychotropic drug use disorder: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Addiction. (SCI & SSCI, impact factor 4.829)
- Tse, S., Zhu S., Yu, C. H., Wong, P., & Tsang, S. (2015). Ecological characteristics of secondary school students with illegal drug use in Hong Kong: A case-control study. International Journal of Social Psychiatry. (6), 1-10. Doi: 10.1177/0020764015589132 (SSCI, 5-year impact factor 1.61)
- Zhu, S.* & Tse, S. (2015) Possible selves, strategies and perceived likelihood among adolescents in Hong Kong: Desire and concern. International Journal of Adolescence and Youth. 20(4), 1-15. Doi:10.1080/02673843.2015.1031683.
- Zhu, S. * (2015) Possible selves theory and its application in youth social work. (in Chinese) Social Work and Social Management. 5(3)
- Zhu, S. *, Tse, S., Cheung, S-H., & Oyserman, D. (2014). Will I get there? Effects of parental support on children’s possible selves. British Journal of Educational Psychology, Special Issue: Parents’ Role in Children’s School Lives: Student Motivation and Socio-emotional Functioning. 84(3), 435-453. (SSCI, Q1, 5-year impact factor 2.648)
- Tse, S., Rao, M.S., Huang, Y.Q., & Zhu, S. (2013). The urgency of now: Building recovery-oriented, community mental health services in China. Psychiatric Services, 64(7): 613-6 doi: 10.1176/appi.ps.000022013 (SCI & SSCI, Q1, 5-year impact factor 2.942)
- Tse, S. & Zhu, S. (2013). “Possible selves”: Concept and applications for individuals in recovery from mental health problems. Asian Health Care Journal, 3(1)16-19. Available at http://healthcare.org.hk/ebook/AHCJournal_Apr2013/index.html#/14/
- Zhu, S. & Zheng, X. (2009). Effect of affective priming on attention bias induced by short films. (in Chinese) Psychological Science,32(2), 327-330.
- Zhu, S. * (2008) A review of research on the effects of emotion on psychological tendency. (in Chinese) Journal of Guangdong Education Institute, 28(1),27-31.
- Zhu, S. * (2006) An introduction of anti-social personality. (in Chinese) Contemporary Manager, 5, 197.
- Perspectives and its enlightenment to the National Curriculum Reform. (in Chinese) Journal of Guangdong Education Institute,2(26),73-76.
- Zhang, J., Yang, Z. & Zhu, S. (2003) Study of the impressions of Mandarin and Cantonese among university students in Guangdong. (in Chinese) Psychological Exploration, 1(23), 51-54.
- Zhu, S. *, & Zheng, X. (2003) Gestalt Therapy: An effective and powerful therapy. (in Chinese) Social Psychological Science, 4(70), 69-73
Zhang, J., & Zhu, S. (2004) Learning behaviors among university students. In B. Zuo (eds), Psychology of University Students (pp.107-131) (in Chinese) Beijing: Higher Education Press.
Zhu, S. (2003) Psychological counselling modules and case analysis. In X. Zheng (eds), Counseling Psychology (pp. 189-214). (in Chinese) Guangzhou: Guangdong Higher Education Press.
Zhu, S. Zhang, J., & He, X. , (2004) The perspective of social constructivism on teaching and learning. (in Chinese). In L. Mo (eds), Educational Psychology Teaching Reference Book (pp. 72-81). (in Chinese) Guangzhou: Guangdong Higher Education Press.
Tsang, S.K.M., Tse, S., Wong, H.M.C., & Zhu, S. (2010). Study of young people’s attitudes toward prevention of drug addiction and mental health promotion in the Southern District. Department of Social Work and Social Administration, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China. Available at http://www.socialwork.hku.hk/people/staff/files/attachment/20101119095721.pdf
Wang, X., Zhu, S., Han, Y., & Zeng, J. (2009). Training Handbook on Non-violence Parenting (in Chinese). UNICEF and The Women’s Union of Guangdong.
Non Peer Review Journal Papers
Tse, S., Zhu, S. & Wong, A. (August 7th, 2015) Concerns on mental health status of employees in fanatical industry. (in Chinese). Hong Kong Economic Journal.
Zhu, S. (2004) How to respect children’s privacy and secrets. (in Chinese). Primary School Moral Education. 23, 32-35
Zhu, S. (2004) A developmental perspective on children’s lies. (in Chinese). Primary School Moral Education. 24, 36-38
Zhu, S. (November, 2012) How do they see their future? Systematic review of research on possible selves and adolescents. Oral presentation, Chinese Psychological Association Annual Conference, 2012, Guangzhou, China
Zhu, S., Tse, S., & Tsang, S. K. M. (August, 2012) Has drug use become a bad habit of Chinese adolescents: The comorbidity and differences of drug use, alcohol use and cigarette use. Poster presentation, 2012 American Psychological Association Convention, Orlando, USA
Zhu, S., Tse, S., & Tsang, S. K. M. (August, 2012) Social influences on possible selves. Poster presentation, 2012 American Psychological Association Convention, Orlando, USA
Tse, S., Zhu, S., Tsang, S. K. M., & Wong, C. (September, 2011) Ecological characteristics of secondary school students with illegal drug use in Hong Kong: A case-control study. Oral presentation, 2011 National Conference on Substance Abuse Prevention and Intervention, Hong Kong, China.
Zhu, S., & Tse, S. (June, 2010) “How do you see their future?”: Possible selves as a concept to formulate effective intervention for juvenile delinquency. Poster presentation. 2010 Joint World Conference on Social Work and Social Development: The Agenda, Hong Kong, China
Zhu, S. (May 2010) A literature review on the theory, research and application of possible selves. (Oral presentation), Research Postgraduate Conference 2010. The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Zhu, S., Zhang, J., & He, X., (Nov, 2003) Perspectives of Social Constructivism on teaching and learning. (Oral presentation). Building on Strengths in Science Education 2003: An International Conference. Guangzhou, China
Current Research Projects :
- Luck or effort: What shapes young people’s attitude toward future- An experimental study (Principle Investigator);
- Protective and risk factors of a smooth transition from primary to secondary school: A longitudinal study (Principle Investigator);
- Free counselling project by HKU and TWHGs (Co-Investigator);
- Joyful employee mental health promotion project (Co-Investigator);
Professional & Community Service:
2015- Executive committee member of Regeneration Charity, Chair of Youth Sub-group, propose and prepare the School Mental Health Project