HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund Reaching Out Award 2017/18
Application deadline: 12nn on 28 February 2018 (Wed)
Quantity: 300 for entire PolyU
(APSS will recommend 15 candidates with priority to SRRL for final selection)
Amount: HKD 10,000- each
-current student in BASW(full-time), BASPA(full-time), BAAASSM(full-time), MECP and other UGC-funded full-time undergraduate/ postgraduate programmes in APSS;
- both local and non-local are eligible;
- CGPA 3.0 or above in semester one, 2017/18;
- participated/ will participant in an event/ competition (e.g. conferences/ forums/ workshops/ seminars/ training camps/ competitions, service projects) or an internship/ placement (credit-bearing/ non-credit bearing)/ or a field/ study trip or attend a course (e.g. foreign language immersion programmes/ academic exchange programmes etc) that is conducted outside Hong Kong (destination must also be outside their home country for non-local students) in the academic year 2107/18, while no restriction on the duration of the outreaching activity;
- the outreaching activity should either be organized or endorsed by PolyU and conducted during the period 1 September 2017 – 31 August 2018;
- The ROA recipients are only eligible to receive the Award ONCE throughout their studies.
The selection will be based on the candidate’s:
- academic excellence (GPA must be 3.0 or above);
- personal qualities and extra-curricular activities;
- APSS Scholarship Selection Panel will review all applications and recommend 15 candidates to SRRL;
- SRRL will arrange PolyU selection panel to select final awardees for Education Bureau (EDB)’s endorsement.
- Final awardees are subject to EDB approval; and EDB reserves the right to withdraw the Award in case there is no deserving candidate or any other unforeseen circumstances;
- Awardees will receive notification from SRRL on payment arrangement.
The application documents must be well-typed and submitted IN HARD COPY to APSS General Office (HJ 402) by 12:00nn on 28 February 2018, Wednesday. During non-office hours, applicants should place their applicant documents to the mailbox next to the counter. The application documents include:
1.*Completed Application Form with true signature;
2.*Recent records of assessment results/ academic transcript;
- Other supporting documents:
3.2 Copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community services;
3.3 Proof of financial needs (eg: government grants, loans, social security assistance etc)
(Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP.
Late application will not be considered.
-The disciplinary record(s) of the nominees with PolyU (if any) may be taken into consideration in the selection process.
-Each awardee is required to submit a softcopy of the reflection report to SRRL on the activity participated and the learning experiences and benefits acquired within one month upon completion of the activity. If the activity has been completed before the nomination deadline, the awardee should submit the reflection report within one month after the selection result is announced.
-The award money should be returned to the Government by the awardee who finally fails to participate in any of the proposed outreaching activities.
-The report will be passed to EDB upon request. The HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund reserves the right to publish the reports and photos (in full or in part) submitted by the Award recipients, either online or in print.
-The payment will be released to the awardees after the submission of a satisfactory report to SRRL.
Email to email@example.com or contact Emily SIU at 2766 5742.
*PolyU reserves the right to change or withdraw the scholarship at any time. In case of any dispute/disagreement, PolyU’s decision is final.