Sir Edward Youde Memorial Scholarships for Undergraduate and Diploma Students 2017/18
pplication deadline: 12:00nn, on 21 September 2017
Amount: HKD40,000- each
Quantity: 11 (APSS will nominate 1 applicant to be competed with nominees from other institutions)
Donated by: Sir Edward Youde Memorial (SEYM) Award Schemes
- student in BASW (full-time), BASPA (full-time);
- local student with the right of abode or the right to land in Hong Kong or are permitted to stay in Hong Kong without restriction;
- have resided in Hong Kong for at least three years as at 1.9.2017;
- not be engaged in full-time employment
- standards of academic performance and intellectual qualities;
- leadership qualities as demonstrated in the involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community services;
- proficiency in the language in which the course is undertaken;
- relevance of the courses which the candidates undertake as to their contribution to Hong Kong; and
- other personal qualities and potentials, including expected future contribution to Hong Kong.
* The nominated candidate is required to provide an account of, in not more than 500 words, perfectly in English, the reasons for his/her undertaking the course of his/her current studies.
The application documents must be well-typed and submitted IN HARD COPY to HJ402 (Emily Siu) by 12:00nn on 21 September 2017, Thursday. The application documents include:
1. *Completed Application Form with true signature;
2. *Copy of recent assessment result record OR academic transcript;
3. * [SEYM Scholarship applicant] (i) HKID card copy, (ii) Copy of Public Examination results, (iii) Copy of PolyU official transcript (issued by AS), (iv) Copy of certificate/ proof on extra-curricular activities and community services, (v) Copy of Scholarship(s)/ Award(s) certificates, (vi) Essay, etc.
4. Other supporting documents: (optional but highly preferred as reference)
4.1 List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click here to download);
4.2 Copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community services;
4.3 Proof of financial needs (e.g. government grants, loans, social security assistance, etc.)
(Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP.
Late application will NOT be considered.
- APSS scholarship selection panel will screen all APSS applications and nominate 1 applicant to the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences (FHSS).
- FHSS will nominate 2 applicants to SRRL among all FHSS nominees.
- SRRL will conduct internal selection and nominate 5 nominees to the Donor among all PolyU nominees.
- Shortlisted PolyU nominees must attend a selection interview in Hong Kong in December 2017tantatively hosted by Donor and compete against other nominees from other institutions.
Nominees who do not receive notification by the end of December 2017 should consider their nominations unsuccessful.
Awardees will be notified of the results by the SRRL in around February/ March 2018.
Should you have any enquiry about the above scholarships application, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact APSS colleagues on 2766 5730 (Ms Rachel HUI) or 2766 5742 (Ms Emily SIU).